cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Plan Mid-Cycle

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

Who keeps deleting my post?!  This is the 3rd time I'm posting it. It keeps mysteriously disappearing! Robot Mad  no longer an issue... move on Robot Happy

I've ran out of data, and want to change my plan to the $40 for 4.5GB one. I want to do a plan change now, instead of waiting until my renewal date of October 8th.

Here's the question...

Since I have $25 $15 in rewards (switching from 90 day plan to 30), do I top my account up with $15 $25, or the full $40?  It appears the system wants me to top up with $40. I don't want to do two multiple transactions since I only get 12 per month with my Visa Debit card. Does someone know if I put $15 on my account if the extra $25 will come from my credits?

14 REPLIES 14

Thanks for the update and that money only sites for 30 days now so easy better than 90

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

An update to this thread...

So it turns out that my $15 in rewards were used anyway when I did Change Plan Now. I topped up $40 (thinking I had to), and after changing plans there was a $15 balance. It's possible, however, that the system would of denied me if I only had $25 in my account. As you can see from this graphic, when I clicked Top Up Your Account, it populated the correct amount of $40 and added the appropriate tax. If I had a normal credit card (not a Visa debit) I would have attempted $25 first, then added the extra $15 if I had to. Either way, next payment will be $15 less, except the credit will sit there for 30 days. Robot wink

Screen Shot 2018-10-01 at 6.57.46 PM.png

That's exactly what I did @computergeek541. Made two edits within 30 seconds. Noticed a spelling error, fixed it, then edited again to add some italics. When I did that, that's when it disappeared. This happened twice, so I'm guessing I did edits on the 2nd post as well. Good to know for future reference, so thank you for sharing your experience! Robot Happy

@daredogg

Did you try to edit the post that got deleted?  I ask because from my personal experience, if you make a post and quickly make some edits, the system seems to treat each as a brand new post and that it's impossible for a human being to be posting 3 message in less than 30 seconds (or a similar amount of time).  I beleive it's some type of spam filter and there's an on-screen message saying that your post will need moderatoration before being posted.  No one will ever look at your message and will seemlingly just vanish from the discussion boards.  I am wondering if that's what happened to you.

@ShawnC13 I think you're right... sometimes a glitch, so I logged out, logged back in, and it worked. I also posted it in a different category, so I'm not sure what was the solution. But you're right... nobody deleted my message, unless you or one of the other oracles have a personal vendetta against me?! Robot LOL

Thanks also for your answer (re: rewards applying on renewals).

Thanks @stonechucker and @will13am for polling from your vast knowledges of how PM works! lol Robot Very Happy  I figured that was the answer... that I'd have to pay the full $40 now, which is fine. @krazykiwi yeah, I'll just save those credits until November, and pay less then.

Thanks everyone for their answers (except @Anonymous who gave a BS answer)! haha Robot LOL

Actually @will13am, I believe the database that records the rewards has a date associated with each reward type.

When I previously tried to change to a 30-day from a 90-day, when I cancelled the 30-day plan change, I had to wait for my full loyalty reward to replenish to $6, from $5 as my 2nd year anniversary hadn't gone by yet (was in first 30 days of cycle, had to wait for mid third 30-day of cycle).

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@daredogg wrote:

Who keeps deleting my post?!  This is the 3rd time I'm posting it. It keeps mysteriously disappearing! Robot Mad

I've ran out of data, and want to change my plan to the $40 for 4.5GB one. I want to do a plan change now, instead of waiting until my renewal date of October 8th.

Here's the question...

Since I have $25 in rewards (switching from 90 day plan to 30), do I top my account up with $15, or the full $40?  It appears the system wants me to top up with $40. I don't want to do two multiple transactions since I only get 12 per month with my Visa Debit card. Does someone know if I put $15 on my account if the extra $25 will come from my credits?

First off I don't think anyone is deleting posts, there have been times where I have made some posts and they never showed either.  Iw as told it was some wierd filter or censor picking up something.

If the rewards are just listed as rewards they become available funds on your renewal.  If they were in Available funds they would be put towards your purchase of your plan change today.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@Anonymous wrote:

you need send a private message >> Click here 

In your message put it, please include.

- your Name 

- your account number ,if you have it 

- your phone number 

- your account, 4 digit PIN

- date of birth 

- Detailed explanation of specific your issue Change Plan

- them can help you a lot nice service Team

Waiting for Response, Community Moderators are available from:

Monday to Friday from 9am (EDT) to 9pm (EDT) Saturday and Sunday from 9am (EDT) to 7pm (EDT)
During business hours, we strive to answer all customer messages/inquiries as soon as possible. Usually, that is within an hour, but in peak periods, it could be as much as within 48 hours of receiving the message.
And be patient please

Good Luck

@Anonymous there's NO REASON to suggest I contact the moderators. I wish there was a thumbs down option for messages, because you would of got one. There are many capable people on here who can advise me... wow! Robot Sad

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

From what I understand, an off schedule renewal messes up the rewards system.  The rewards will not be given out on an early renewal.  Imagine if it did, we could early renew multiple times every 30 days and double or triple up on the rewards. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

you need send a private message >> Click here 

In your message put it, please include.

- your Name 

- your account number ,if you have it 

- your phone number 

- your account, 4 digit PIN

- date of birth 

- Detailed explanation of specific your issue Change Plan

- them can help you a lot nice service Team

Waiting for Response, Community Moderators are available from:

Monday to Friday from 9am (EDT) to 9pm (EDT) Saturday and Sunday from 9am (EDT) to 7pm (EDT)
During business hours, we strive to answer all customer messages/inquiries as soon as possible. Usually, that is within an hour, but in peak periods, it could be as much as within 48 hours of receiving the message.
And be patient please

Good Luck

@stonechucker wrote:

I believe you will need to do the full $40, as rewards aren't available funds yet.  At least, that is how I interpret the message when I looked at it last.

Edit:  Rewards are usable on a normal plan renewal or future dated plan change.

This is probably the safer way to go anyways, and use the credit for your next payment.

I believe you will need to do the full $40, as rewards aren't available funds yet.  At least, that is how I interpret the message when I looked at it last.

Edit:  Rewards are usable on a normal plan renewal or future dated plan change.

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@daredogg wrote:

Who keeps deleting my post?!  This is the 3rd time I'm posting it. It keeps mysteriously disappearing! Robot Mad

Here's the question...

Since I have $25 in rewards (switching from 90 day plan to 30), do I top my account up with $15, or the full $40?  It appears the system wants me to top up with $40. I don't want to do two multiple transactions since I only get 12 per month with my Visa Debit card. Does someone know if I put $15 on my account if the extra $25 will come from my credits?

Yes it will come from your credits. Although there has been some glitches when going to a lower cost plan for some reason!

Need Help? Let's chat.