cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Number Problem

fxx_susan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi There,

I change a new number few minutes ago. The problem is I can make a phone call to others. When others phone my new number, my phone will not ring. It's someone else answering the phone. How can I fix this problem? Thanks.

Xu

9 REPLIES 9

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@fxx_susan 

When I clicked on TORONTO the first 4 numbers that came up were 437 345 XXXX and 437 580 XXXX. So there is a fair amount of choice there. Keep refreshing the 5 number choices by clicking on a different city and returning to TORONTO to get a new selection of numbers until you find one you like.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

fxx_susan

I'm in Toronto. I'm looking for area code 437.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@fxx_susan 

Where are you located? Is there a particular area code and/or exchange you are looking for?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

fxx_susan

Got it. Thank you very much.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@fxx_susan : When you come across a number you like when it shows in the list...call it. It may be in suspension but at least no one's answering. If you aren't attached to a familiar area code and prefix, you can often find some nifty new numbers.

fxx_susan

Who should I call?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@fxx_susan 

Ah....this is a problem telus has had for quite awhile. For some reason they accidently release active numbers into the available number pool. You have no choice but to choose a new number again. Luckily you have the option of doing this up to 4 times every 30 days. If you are worried about it happening again (though rare) when you find a number you like try calling it first to ensure its really available then you can select it if it's not in service.

Edit:

@HALIMACS  nice edit!

fxx_susan

Okay, I'm trying it now. Thanks.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Oh that sucks, @fxx_susan 

Sound like you were assigned a number already in use.

Try making another change number request - you should be able to change 4 times per cycle. 

Here's a copy/paste from the article on doing this:

Transferring Or Changing Your Number After Activation

You can change your phone number up to 4 times every 30 days after you’ve activated. To change or transfer your number after activation, go to your Self Serve Account here and:

• Select the “Plans and Add ons” tab
  • Click on “Change Phone Number”
  • Then, you can choose to select a new phone number

Need Help? Let's chat.