cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change of plan type did not work?

razorboy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have an old grandfathered account which had talk only, no texting. As my account is paid on the 14th and I wish to

get a plan which included texting (old flip phone) I logged in and thought that I was buying a plan which included texting. In fact, the "fine print" read: ""Includes text and picture messaging."" After it was activated, I tried to text. Nope. "You need a plan which includes texting....."   Well, what next?

Also, I spent 5 minutes trying to find "self serve" without success.

Thank you.

13 REPLIES 13

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@razorboy 

What? Really? You spent all this time here and built up a nice loyalty reward then when you finally do have an issue right after a stupid update you just port out? I wasn't expecting that?!! Sorry to see you go.... where?

razorboy

Topic: Change of plan type did not work?
Date: 08-14-2022 01:17 AM

Did it solve your problem?

Click here to view the replies and mark one as an Accepted Solution.

The Accepted Solution is that I gave up and ported my number to another company.  Thanks to all who gave suggestions.

razorboy

I have spent 3 1/2 hours trying to "contact support team" by private message."  Since  I don't recall ever having a PIN, I used the alternative, the link to a verification form.  That timed out and now I am in a circle of private messages from me and emails from Support.  The last time I tried support's link it took my to a page which said that I had until 4:16 pm to get verified, but it showed no link or way to do so; and besides, this was at 6:30 pm, quite a bit past 4:16.  Yes, I cleared cookies and cache. I have posted on another forum to see how to port my phone #, but that will probably take a week to figure out.

@razorboy 

contact support team by private message CS_Agent  to check it.

razorboy

Thanks.  Under the texting settings, the Centre Address is as you say, the Validity Period is none, the Default Type is text.  There is a multimedia messaging component listed, but nothing titled data

I think I am still on the old plan.  It lists: "30 day plan, unlimited provincial talk."  As I posted earlier, under the 'Fine print, #3:" Includes text and picture messaging."  But it doesn't seem to apply.  I'll check again in a day, but I think 'no.'

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@razorboy 

When you schedule a change plan on next renewal unlike a normal renewal where any text, minute and/or data counters reset at midnight eastern the next renewal plan change will not change until payment is taken. Once it's debited from your account balance and or charged to your autopay card you will see the new plan details in your account. Log out and reboot.

@razorboy 

here the Set up data APN (publicmobile.ca)

but the APN for data not for SMS, 

do you login to your account and at plan is show new plan or is still on old plan and when you changed? is take up to 48 hr. 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Drill down into your texting app settings and find the SMSC number. aka Message Centre. It should be +16475800172.

But also do a restart of the phone after re-verifying that you are in fact on the new plan. You should see a data component listed as all plans have data now.

@razorboy wrote:

Samsung SGH-A997M Rugby III.

Is your cellular data enabled?  I don't know. Do I have any in a talk & text plan?

Under Settings>Connectivity>Network Profiles I see Internet, MMS, and PTT.  All three have the Access Name as 'proxy.bell.ca.'  Auth type=None.

The APN setting is set incorrectly, as it should be be set to sp.mb.com. However, APN settings don't affect SMS text messaging.

razorboy

Samsung SGH-A997M Rugby III.

Is your cellular data enabled?  I don't know. Do I have any in a talk & text plan?

Under Settings>Connectivity>Network Profiles I see Internet, MMS, and PTT.  All three have the Access Name as 'proxy.bell.ca.'  Auth type=None.

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@razorboy 

tried use browser from computer,and clear cache and cookies and use one page inPrivate mode,

To Login Page

and go to Plan and use the down arrow to scroll down,

and choose next renewal date.to you not losing money for your old plan you already paid.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@razorboy 

What is the make and model of your phone? It could be just the settings.

Is your cellular data enabled?

It needs the data to be turned on so you can text with SMS and MMS.

@razorboy wrote:

I have an old grandfathered account which had talk only, no texting. As my account is paid on the 14th and I wish to

get a plan which included texting (old flip phone) I logged in and thought that I was buying a plan which included texting. In fact, the "fine print" read: ""Includes text and picture messaging."" After it was activated, I tried to text. Nope. "You need a plan which includes texting....."   Well, what next?

Also, I spent 5 minutes trying to find "self serve" without success.

Thank you.

As you apear to have requested a plan change, you would have already been in your Self Serve account. To get back there, please visit selfserve.publicm,obile.ca.  As for your plan change, it sounds as if today is your renewal date.  Plan renewals and scheduled plan changes don't finalize until later in the day.  If your services are still working but the Self Serve account reports some strange messages about your account being suspended, this means that the renewal process have not yet completed.

Need Help? Let's chat.