cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Certified Pre-Owned phone purchase

Mamakli
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am considering to buy a Certified Pre-Owned iPhone 8 from public mobile.

On the web site it says :

' They work like new .Tested to ensure 100% functionality, these phones also meet the TELUS standards for physical condition.'

I am wondering if they come with the original battery or replace it with a new one ? 

Categories 'Like new' ,'great ' or 'very good'  do not give any details about it. 

Anybody have an idea ?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Mamakli 

The iPhone 8 was discontinued on April 15, 2020 and Apple will still provide updates for another 5 to 6 years. 

With refurbished iphones, the condition refers to the cosmetic looks of the phone. If you put it in a case and install a screen protector, it with hide minor scratches and protect the phone.

I would suggest you look for a refurbished phone with a 1 year warranty encase any problem with the phone arises. The other thing to look at is the battery health, you don't want anything less than 80%...I would ask the seller about that. The good thing is iPhone is more reasonable to have the battery or screen replaced than Samsung phones.

Good luck in your hunt. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

The battery is likely original.  I would expect the add to say reconditioned or similar wording if there was a need to replace parts.  iPhone battery replacement can be done for not that much money relative to cost of phone replacement.  Personally, I would not be concerned.  It would different if it was an android device.  

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Mamakli wrote:

I am considering to buy a Certified Pre-Owned iPhone 8 from public mobile.

On the web site it says :

' They work like new .Tested to ensure 100% functionality, these phones also meet the TELUS standards for physical condition.'

I am wondering if they come with the original battery or replace it with a new one ? 

Categories 'Like new' ,'great ' or 'very good'  do not give any details about it. 

Anybody have an idea ?

Thanks

@Mamakli , i know they come with a SIM card. Not sure about the battery though, good question.

Maybe this is a question for the Moderator_Team to inquire about.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1 -  Faster Method - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen, or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower Method - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Mamakli 

I suspect they do not come with a new battery, unless the phone didn't turn on when tested.

They do come with a 1-year warranty, + a free Public Mobile SIM card to activate.

Need Help? Let's chat.