cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cellular(LTE) Smartwatch (phone) ???

JimgB
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi.

I'm in the market for a new phone, BUT I'm strongly considering just ditching the phone and getting a Smartwatch with a Sim card slot.

Does Public Mobile support these, and would I just need to insert my PM Sim from my current phone into the watch ?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

JimgB

Thank you. Got it.  Ahh, my phone hunt options are quickly dropping.

maurelle
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@JimgB wrote:

Hi. I dont understand.... does that  mean you cant put your phone sim card in the watch and use it instead?

i swap my sim card between two phones right now...?

Watches are working differently. While there are different types of watches out there (stand-alone vs extension of your phone) Public Mobile's plans and eSIMs are not compatible with watches. And... watches with a physical SIM??? If existing that must be a big watch.

As mentioned above, only the parent companies / big three offer watch plans. It's my understanding that they are generally add-a-line plans that require a main phone line on the same account. Freedom calls theirs specifically "Apple watch plan", so I'm not sure if it would work on another brand.

I have no idea about "grey market" smart watches (ie not officially offered in the NA market). If you feel lucky you could try setting one up with a regular eSIM, but it's a huge YMMV.

JimgB

Hi. I dont understand.... does that  mean you cant put your phone sim card in the watch and use it instead?

i swap my sim card between two phones right now...?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@JimgB , Public Mobile is a tier 3 brand that only offers cellular plans for phones.  Try shopping the Telus brand.

Need Help? Let's chat.