cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Card activation failure

Sharp40sw
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had an account  with public mobile let the account  expire after 3 months then I got a new card inserted into phone started the phone up tried to login to old account  I couldn't  and the password  recovery  came back: login failed many times in a row then I tried making a new account  with same email worked and I activated  card and picked and paid for plan then my phone dies I go to check my account  the funds were taken by public mobile and my service says public mobile as well as the number I chose being displayed  in the about phone section  in settings but I can't use data or place calls and when I call 611 I check balance and it confirms there is 50 balance also there are no options on 611 for choosing a plan I followed  all links and my pin doesn't  work....now my password for self serve doesn't  work only community and it was the same password  which also means I can't submit a ticket 

6 REPLIES 6

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Sharp40sw 

If your original account went 90 days without paid service then it was indeed cancelled and deactivated. The problem is you used the same email address to activate your new account that was on hour old account. I am going to surmise that because the system never really gets rid if your old account that when you activated the funds went onto your old account which us why it tells you that you have  a $50 balance instead of $0 balance and an active $50 plan. Contact customer support via private message and use the new account details (ie. phone #)to verify your account. You will find a reply in your private message box in the morning. Use the second option below to contact customer support via private message.

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Using the same email address for your new account might be the problem.

Private message CS_Agent (link here) to explain your situation if you haven't already

JL9
Mayor / Maire

How long was your account suspended? Did you get a new number when you did a new activation or were looking to keep the same number?

@Sharp40sw 

Forgot to add, clear cache and cookie on your browser and go incognito before login.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Sharp40sw 

You didn’t need to activate the new SIM, all you need to do is login to your account and click on Change SIM Card.

If you have problems login to your account, just login with your email and click on Forgot Password to get into your account.

Still problems login, contact a CS_Agent on this Community page via private message or create a ticket via SIMon Chatbot.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Sharp40sw 

If your nonpay/suspended status was over 90 days you account, phone number and access to self serve is gone. Including any funds in your account at the time it closed.

But, calling 611 confirms you have a $50 balance. Ok, seems account is somewhat still 'alive'. 

If the 90th day is today or give or take a day here...maybe there is still hope. Submit a ticket to CSA for assistance.

To contact the Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team, there are two methods to reach them found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

edit, use the 2nd method to submit a ticket in the above link to use the private message method if your self serve credentials are not working (or maybe gone...?)

Need Help? Let's chat.