cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant connect to network.. Recently switched from Virgin and says network is Temporarily Unavailable

Theguyman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

This is very frustrating.  I switched over from my working Virgin network to Public Mobile.  I have not had any cell service since switching.  This would be a situation where I could phone/chat with someone directly at most other companies, but it appears there is no way to do so here.  This is not a small problem, I have had 0 access since changing.

I removed my Virgin Sim.  I "turned on" my eSim from Public Mobile.  I made sure my Pixel4a was compatible.  I have reset my network on my phone.  I have restarted my phone.  I have tried the chat on this website to no luck.  I have sent in a ticket with no response.  Now I am writing on this forum.

Can anyone offer me any support?  I am supposed to be doing things this weekend but they will not work without access to my cellphone.  This is a huge disappointment and I am regretting switching over at this time.

Adam

4 REPLIES 4

Theguyman

I put in my old Virgin Sim card, and that seemed to clear things up.  I then was able to "turn off" the virgin Sim card and my public mobile one is working now.

ScaryPerry

Have you downloaded the Publicmobile app and logged in? It should walk you through installing the esim on your new phone.

Theguyman

I did say yes to port the number.  I "subscribed" last night, accepted the port, then removed the Sim this morning.

ScaryPerry

Did you say yes to the text from Virgin to port the number?

Right after you start the port out process Virgin will send a text asking if you are really porting out. You need to answer yes.

If you removed your old sim before that happened, you might be in limbo. Put it back in and see if the text arrives?

Need Help? Let's chat.