cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot update credit card information

uncivlengr
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My account was suspended this morning due to payment not being received, I've been on autopay for years now, not sure why it was just now a problem.

I logged into my account, removed the old card and tried to add a new one. I get an error with every attempt - "Unable to Process Transaction Sorry, we are unable to verify your credit card information or address, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged, and your transaction will not be processed."

I've tried every "trick" suggested in the forums - cleared cache, tried incognito mode, verified account info, nothing seemed to work.

I contacted my bank to see if there might be some issue with the card, and they told me that there had been no signs of any verification attempts received on their end, so there's apparently something wrong on Public Mobile's end that the credit card verifcation is not going through.

Please let me know when this can be updated. I had to pay out of my own pocket for vouchers in order to reinstate my service.

4 REPLIES 4

uncivlengr
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've confirmed all the information entered is correct.

Again, I've checked with my bank and they've told me there's no record of Public Mobile trying to verify my credit card number - even if the other information was incorrect, they should see that my card number was requested. 

There's something wrong on Public Mobile's end. It's not even attempting to verify my card with my bank, just giving me an error.

Showbie1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My advice with anything Public Mobile is to take the 10 or 15 minutes to run into your local Walmart or whichever retail store sells Public Mobile service, they know exactly what their doing and can fix you right back up to your autopay, easy peasy 

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@uncivlengr Try again in a few hours using your brower's incognito mode; remove the current card then add it back, being sure autopay remains activated. Thankfully vouchers worked.

If you still cannot add it click this: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 to send a private message to the moderator team with a description of your issue. Sometimes they answer within in 24 hours, but usually take several days.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@uncivlengr wrote:

My account was suspended this morning due to payment not being received, I've been on autopay for years now, not sure why it was just now a problem.

I logged into my account, removed the old card and tried to add a new one. I get an error with every attempt - "Unable to Process Transaction Sorry, we are unable to verify your credit card information or address, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged, and your transaction will not be processed."

I've tried every "trick" suggested in the forums - cleared cache, tried incognito mode, verified account info, nothing seemed to work.

I contacted my bank to see if there might be some issue with the card, and they told me that there had been no signs of any verification attempts received on their end, so there's apparently something wrong on Public Mobile's end that the credit card verifcation is not going through.

Please let me know when this can be updated. I had to pay out of my own pocket for vouchers in order to reinstate my service.

Make sure the credit card address matches what is on your statment.
1. If you live in multi-unit building, don't use the unit # or apt#. Just use the building number.
2. If the postal code on your statement has a space in the middle, left the last digit out. PM check the first 6 characters of the postal code only including the middle space.

Need Help? Let's chat.