cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot transfer number

arthurh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I just received my sim card, and I'm trying to activate it, but when I get to the numer transfer page, I get this message:

"Sorry, we are unable to process this request. Please visit our online Community at publicmobile.ca/community for assistance."

I'm currently a custommer of PHONEBOX, a start up who sells data from Telus (and I am on TELUS network), and my line is till active.

Can you tell me what to do? I would really like to keep my number

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5

arthurh

arthurh

It didn't work with the Koodo do nots...I've activated with a new number and I now I will wait for a mod to change it to my old one! thank you

dubcanada
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Telus resellers have issues transferring to other Telus resellers (like Koodo, Phonebox, PC Mobile, etc). I had the same issue, you'll need to contact a mod and they will be able to help you get it ported.

I was also worried about keeping my number, no worries they made sure I kept it.

If you still have Phonebox service, keep it until Public Mobile mods tell you too cancel.

arthurh

ok thank you!

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

Hello @arthurh

Looks like you are experiencing a known issue going on right now.  Make sure you send a message to the mods, detailing your issue and providing the details required in the below threads.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/All-you-need-to-know-about-our-Communit...

I’ve tagged the mods here @Shazia_K  to give them a heads up, but keep in mind the volume the mods are dealing with right now is cery high and might a alittle while to get back to you!

No 100% sure how phonebox works, but there are special steps to follow when transferring from a telus provider to PM, such as koodo.

"Do nots for Koodo port"

- do not use the same email address for Koodo and Public Mobile
- do not request the port-in during activation; take a temporary number, log out, confirm all services are active, log back into your account and select Transfer Number under Change Phone Number
- do not use any identifier except your Koodo account number; it is always the best item for any port-in request
- do not make any errors in the Authourized User; this must be exactly as it appears on your Koodo bill
- do not use the person's Koodo number as the Alternate Number; use someone else's
- do not forget to click "I am authourized ...." BEFORE you entering your Koodo number (courtesy imm1304)

Need Help? Let's chat.