cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot register Mastercard

atashinchi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there,

I'm having trouble changing my payment method from a Visa card to a Mastercard. After entering all the information, it reports:

Unable to Process Transaction
Sorry, your credit card transaction was denied by your card issuer, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged. Please contact your card issuer for more information.

I just tried changing to this new card with several other online billing services and have had no problems at all.

What am I missing?

Thanks.

12 REPLIES 12

EndoCraze

Thank you. This worked for me. I had to go to my bank's website and lookup what formate they had my billing address saved as. Cut and paste that address and it worked after. Thank you for suggesting this solution!

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jeffster1970 you're replying to someone that had an issue over 1.5 years ago.  I think he or she has probably already resolved it!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

jeffster1970
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@atashinchi wrote:

Hi there,

I'm having trouble changing my payment method from a Visa card to a Mastercard. After entering all the information, it reports:

Unable to Process Transaction
Sorry, your credit card transaction was denied by your card issuer, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged. Please contact your card issuer for more information.

I just tried changing to this new card with several other online billing services and have had no problems at all.

What am I missing?

Thanks.

I don't think you're missing anything. I had the same issue trying to add a credit card but I ended up using a different card in the end. It would just suck for anyone that doesn't have more than one card. 

srlawren

@jrom33 glad we could help 🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

jrom33
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

THANK YOU SO MUCH
I have been trying for months to register my mastercards. I did all the steps you mentioned, changed my address presentation to how it's shown on my credit card billing and disregarded their spacing instructions and voila it worked. 

You're the best.

warrenspencer27

If anyone is having difficulties with this, try the solution provided by @Vickel here.  Was having the same issues but his workaround allowed me to register my tangerine mastercard.

Best of luck!

td80

Was this resolved?  I cant get my master card into this system!!!!

terrilin

@srlawren Totally agree. Try several times adding my MC following the instruction and it never worked. Although, when I tried to add my visa card before, the instruction seems valid. Smiley Indifferent

These intermittent billing issues have persisted for a while now. Wonder what's happening at PM - issues of this severity should have been taken care of a long time ago Smiley Sad

srlawren

Make sure you totally disregard the formatting instructions on the page where you register your card and instead enter your name and address exactly the same was it appears on your MasterCard statement, down to the capitalization and so on.  For me, I had to go one step further and add spaces between the groups of 4 digits in the card number, also disregarding what the form tells you to do.  That is, I had to enter "1234 5678 1234 5678" instead of "1234567812345678" as instructed.  This, combined with entering my name and address like on the statement, was enough for me to finally get the card registered (after many failed attempts).  Your mileage may vary, but it's worth a shot.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

Due to billing issues wherein the customer was informed, by error message, that the transaction failed, but did not, I strongly suggest that you contact your credit-card issuer to determine if you were charged, and how many times.

If PM erred, it will quickly rectify the situation, especially matters involving double-billing.

Rest assured that any double billing or associated matter is taken very seriously by PM, and that, upon resolution of the problem, you will not be short even 1¢.

Mayor / Maire

Assuming you've checked your billing address to make sure it is correct, this could be an issue with PM's billing system. I'd suggest getting in touch with PM support right away by clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. They can take upto 48 hours to respond, so the sooner you send your webmail in, the better off you'll be.

Need Help? Let's chat.