cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive incoming calls

mferna14
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I just noticed that I cannot receive incoming calla. Who ever dial my number, the call just goes to the answer service, cannot hear the bell. Even I turned off the phone & on again several times, still the same error. I can surely call anyone but cannot receive anyone's call. Can someone help me pls. get going this feature again. Thanks in advance

15 REPLIES 15

mferna14

I never changed my phone setting, all are the same the way it was working before..

Beth27

I think it’s just on your phone settings. Try to look at and found out.

mferna14

Thanks I have submitted a ticket. hopefully someone will rectify this.

@mferna14 if you have time to go out and check your phone in another area, please try, it could be an issue with weak 3G signal in your area today

an, please also open ticket with PM support using Chatbot and have them further investigate

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

mferna14

No Luck., still the same, goes to the answering service, but I can dial out. Even switched over to LTE & the back to 3G, no luck at all. Can someone help me or call me, this is my official phone & need to get it working soon, thanks????

mferna14

Let me try this, I just now turned my phone off, removed the simm card & I willout it back after 5 min. Let's see, will keep you updated. Thanks

@mferna14   Not to set the mobile data off but to change the network type to 3G 

Select Settings.
Select Mobile Data.
Select Mobile Data Options.
Select Voice & Data.
To enable 3G, select 3G.

Also, please try to reseat the sim card as well

1. Power off the phone

2 Take the sim card out for a minute

3. put it back and power the phone back on

mferna14

I tried my phone right now., No Difference, still goes to the answering machine even if the mobile data is set to off. & I need to use internet out of my house too. I could do all this before any kind of change was done to my service. What happened all of sudden. Sorry to inform you, still the same problem. Can I get a real CS to convey my problem so that it is fixed once for all. Thanks

@mferna14 wrote:

Now I did that, should I have the Cellular Data back to ON or if I leave it OFF, then??

@mferna14 

No,  you don't need to turn Mobile data off for your voice issue.  It should be unrelated

But even you turn Mobile Data off, it can still use your internet at home via Wifi as long as Wifi toggle is ON

mferna14

Now I did that, should I switch the Cellular Data back to ON or if I leave it OFF. If I leave it OFF then I cannot use Internet out of my house???

mferna14

Then I cannot use Internet out of my house???

mferna14

Now I did that, should I have the Cellular Data back to ON or if I leave it OFF, then??

@mferna14 wrote:

Thanks for the solution. Where will I find "Preferred Network type" on my iPhone 11 pro??? 

@mferna14 

Select Settings.
Select Mobile Data.
Select Mobile Data Options.
Select Voice & Data.
To enable 3G, select 3G.

mferna14

Thanks for the solution. Where will I find "Preferred Network type" on my iPhone 11 pro??? 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@mferna14   you have been PM customers for some time?

Try to change your Preferred Network type on your phone to 3G Only and see if the phone can still connect to the network and  if that helps.  if so, leave it there for couple days before change it back

Also, you might want to test incoming calls at another location, it could be local network issue only

Need Help? Let's chat.