cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive SMS but can send.

HannahSelden
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have been able to receive MMS but not SMS for a few days now. On my phone info page, the SMSC is not filled out, and when I refresh it shows a number. After leaving the menu, the field returns to blank and the issue persists. When I try to input the public mobile SMSC number into the field it says "update error". How do I fix this so that the right number is in the SMSC field?

6 REPLIES 6

amack
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Was

@HannahSelden wrote:

I have been able to receive MMS but not SMS for a few days now. On my phone info page, the SMSC is not filled out, and when I refresh it shows a number. After leaving the menu, the field returns to blank and the issue persists. When I try to input the public mobile SMSC number into the field it says "update error". How do I fix this so that the right number is in the SMSC field?

I see that this was marked solved. Did you get your text messaging back or was the solution just to contact the moderator team? 

amack

@kimchurch wrote:

Same exact problem I am having & now for some reason can't send a message to the moderators - time to get a new phone plan????

I spent an hour waiting for the reply page to load only to have the send button not work. I opened a new ticket over that. 

I was told texting would be fixed in 24 hours, but now I'm being told 72.  This has been a problem since 2017. It's completely unacceptable. 

kimchurch

Same exact problem I am having & now for some reason can't send a message to the moderators - time to get a new phone plan????

@HannahSelden wrote:

@geopublic , I did buy a US roaming plan last weekend when I traveled there, but this issue only popped up 2 days ago. Could it still be related?

@HannahSelden  Not sure, usually the issue resolves itself within 24 hours of when you get back. Best to submit a ticket to PM notify the what happened and ask them if they can remove the addon from your account to see if corrects the problem.

stpm-new.png

HannahSelden
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@geopublic , I did buy a US roaming plan last weekend when I traveled there, but this issue only popped up 2 days ago. Could it still be related?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@HannahSelden  Did you recently come back from the US? Did you purchase a US roaming addon? Is yes, then the situation will fix itself by the end of the day.

Need Help? Let's chat.