cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive 2fa sms message

Mnc
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I setup my esim on my phone and ported my number from Bell.  I can receive calls and texts from certain numbers I tried. However when I login to publicmobile.ca I cannot receive the 2FA code via text message.  Please help!

4 REPLIES 4

Mnc

I will call the telus porting team on the number you send me as soon as they open!

I'm afraid I cannot receive messages on the Bell network anymore since I deleted the SIM. Hope porting team can figure it out!

Mnc

I deleted it once I confirmed I could send and receive text messages to a few other phone numbers using the public esim.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Mnc 

A critical part to porting is to receive a text from your old provider and you have to reply YES within 90 mins.  If you are not receiving calls and text on your PM sim card (or just receive those from PM/Kodoo/Telus and not other providers) and only outgoing calls work, then you might have missed the step and hence porting was not completed

There is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

Need Help? Let's chat.