cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot place calls

Vasthirimpel123
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

There's a circle with a trace in the middle on the top of my cell phone. Since it shows for now 3 weeks, I cannot place calls. How can someone help me.  I don't have a plan but I have prepaid card. Even the numbers of the prepaid card I cannot enter in my phone to top it up. Please help.

27 REPLIES 27

@esjliv- Maybe you'll have better luck than me trying to get them to do things and check things.

(I see an oracle removed their reply.)

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Your account is not suspended @Vasthirimpel123 when you call 611? Does it say an owing amount?

Are you able to log into My Account: Login Page (telus.com) and check if status says Active?

If status is Active, perhaps there is an outage, check your area: TELUS Service Status

You say you use a prepaid card, do you mean a voucher to make payments? There are no contracts here. You pay for your plan, you get services for 30 days on current in-market plans.

SIM cards don't really expire, they could be damaged I suppose though.

Can you try your SIM card into another phone to see if services work? If they do, then you have a device issue.

Put the SIM card back in your phone...sometimes just switching it back and forth in phones can help with finicky things.

If SIM still does not work in another phone, and If this and other suggestions are not helping, ask CSA to look at your account: Contact a Customer Support Agent (publicmobile.ca)

Vasthirimpel123

Is the plan like a contract??? Will I be able to continue using prepaid card ?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

You can continue to pay by voucher (as you call prepaid card). There is no credit here. They don't even officially know who you are. If you let the account suspend then you have a 90 day grace period to reactivate it. If you let it go longer then the account no longer exists.

Technically yes this is a 30 day contract.

We're still trying to figure out why you have no service. You seem resistant to trying some of the suggestions and reporting back your findings.

Vasthirimpel123

I already have a SIM on my cell phone. Is it expired? If  I take a plan, will it be like a contract ??? Can I still buy prepaid card to put on my phone ??

Vasthirimpel123

What about the prepaid card number I put today. If I pay 15$ for a plan, will I stiĺl continue buy prepaid card per month to put. If one or two month, for some reason, I don't put card, will my name going to credit collection ?

Vasthirimpel123

I have been a customer for 2 years. I didnt port my number. My account is not suspended.

Please look above for my suggestion to you to click a link to see a possible problem with your phone.

We understand all that you have repeated. No service and you paid with a voucher. We're trying to help you figure out why you have no service.

Vasthirimpel123

I cannot call, text, browse on internet without WiFi.

I call the number you sent to me, I hear the voice i follow the instruction to enter my prepaid card number. It said i had 5$ remain but now I have $30 because I just add  25$. 

My last payment is today. Few minute ago.

I never pay by credit card. I pay with my debit at the store. I had money on my account. It was approved. That's why I got my prepaid card number and a confirmation of payment.

Remember i am actually using the wifi from home to communicate with you.

You're thinking of a pay as you go service. This place has never been pay as you go. It has always been a plan that needs to be prepaid every 30 days (or old 90 day plan).

Vasthirimpel123

I always use prepaid card. When you talk about plan, you mean monthly with all the policy etc... ???? I don't want a plan. Only the prepaid card. Is it now not possible to do that like anymore ??? Have it been changed ??

Open another tab in your browser and go to devicecheck.ca and follow instructions to check a possible status of your phone as to why you have no service.

Click on this

Vasthirimpel123

I am using my WiFi actually. That's why I can communicate with you. If I was out from home I could not be able to communicate with you.

Vasthirimpel123

I enter my prepaid card number from the number you have sent me. But no message top up on my cell. Still cannot call. There's a sign like "O" with a "/"  in the center appear on the top right of my phone. That makes impossible for me to call and receive calls and messages. Can you take off the signed for me from distance ?

You're focused on the voucher. Which is understandable because it's money. But you actually need to figure out why you have no service.

Did you check devicecheck.ca?

Have you recently dealt with a credit card problem?

Vasthirimpel123

Somebody send me a number to call from another phone to enter the prepaid card number. Which I did from my home phone. A voice said that it was top up. Remember I did it from my home phone. But no message top up on my cell phone as it usually does.

@Vasthirimpel123- Please review some questions asked of you above.

@Vasthirimpel123 

Did you active the SIM card and create an account with all your information and CC?

The minimum plan is $15/month.

Vasthirimpel123

I already have a SIN card on my cell phone. Do I need to change it ? Will it be free for me to change it ?

nvm - this was moved from another thread

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Vasthirimpel123 

You need to active the SIM card and pick a plan for it to work.

Vasthirimpel123
  • I enter my prepaid card number in my cell. But phone still not working. There's a circle "O" with a  trace like that "/" in the center of the circle. The circle appear in the right top of my cell phone. Since it's there i cannot place and receive call nor messages. Can you please help me. 

Need more info.

How long have you been customer?

Did you recently port your number?

Is your account suspended, etc. etc. etc.

Your question is like asking a car mechanic - 'my car will not start' expecting him to pull crystal ball and solve your problem.

nvm - this was moved to here from another thread.

Vasthirimpel123

I cannot place call can somebody help me please ?

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

You have to have PM plan in order to use your phone. How can pre-paid card work if your phone has no connection to mobile network? Am I missing something?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Can you receive calls? Texts? Browse internet not on wifi?

Have a look at devicecheck.ca

From another phone, try 1-855-4pu-blic and enter your phone number and hear what it has to say?

When did you last pay?

Have you recently dealt with a credit card problem?

Need Help? Let's chat.