cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot make calls to local numbers

Neelvashi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Myself Neel Vashi, a public mobile user. My number is 807-****-*****. I am facing a problem while making calls to local numbers. It says that I need long distance add-on on my phone to make a local call. I've faced this problem earlier about 3-4 months ago. Can you please help me to get out of this and make sure that it won't happen again in future?
Thank you.

10 REPLIES 10

@Fredo 

Are you dialing (1) before the number? If you stay on the line after the message does it connect thru to the number? This is usually the case wth this message.

@Fredo 

More details about your situation would be helpful. 

New customer versus old?

active versus suspended account?

does text or data work?

Fredo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do I fix this

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @moose

Thank you so much for your kind words. It means a lot to me, and all of us here at PM, when our customers recognize us for the work we do.

Offering customer support via email is not as easy as some may think, but we try to do the best with what we can. Our goal is to make sure that you, and all of our other customers, are happy with the service and with us. In the end, we are serving you

I really appreciate your kind words, and I hope your issue is resolved quickly as well!

If you have questions whatsoever, do not hesitate to write back to me.

Cheers!

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

moose

Big shout out to Kalla and Mary for their prompt responses to the issue and providing a temporary solution. We often forget to send out kudos to these reps when they help us and just kind of expect the help. Being someone who has worked in the industry I will send out a HUGE THANK YOU. Look forward to a resolution soon!

Man Happy 

Kalla_A
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @moose,

Could you send me that number in question by private message? I will also need to know which carrier that person is with. 

Thank you,

Kalla

moose
As I have noted in another thread. I am also having issues calling and sending sms to a local Telus customer. From Toronto to 647 Telus number.

Kalla_A
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @Lou-dog,

You are also unable to call numbers within your province? 

Would it be possible for you to send me the numbers in question by private message? I will lokk into this for you 🙂

Cheers,

Kalla

Lou-dog
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have the same problem.

Can you text? or you get sms from public mobile saying you can't send sms outside of canada?

Kalla_A
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @Neelvashi,

I would be happy to assist you in getting a better understanding of what is going on.

In which province are you located right now? Are the numbers you are trying to reach also under the 807 area code?

In the future, please refrain from posting your personal information on here, this is a public forum.

Cheers,

Kalla

Need Help? Let's chat.