cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot make calls or receive

Badlandsblake
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Account is up to date , can receive and send texts but calls come up as failed .  Took sim card out tried in a different phone not able to make calls ?   Did all the troubleshooting steps nothing worked , any help would be greatly appreciated ! 

7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same thing happened to me recently. Turning off/on phone didn’t do anything, but turning on and then off airplane mode surprisingly fixed the issue for me. Only problem I now have is I have to dial 1 in front of every number, including local calls. Seems to be an issue with VoLTE.

ckl
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Have you turned your phone off completely (not reboot), wait 2 minutes, then turn it back on? I had a similar situation with my Pixel phone that a reboot didn't resolve. Only turning it off solved the problem.

Hi @HALIMACS I think it is that they are enabling VoLTE and broke the voice.  Look like common issue these days

Please do let us know what they do. 

I expect they'll reprovision the account - hopefully that'll help the issue. 

They may also enable VoLTE which may assist. 

Badlandsblake
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you will do ! 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Badlandsblake I think you tried what you can.  And it didn't work in another area,?

time to submit ticket with CS agent 

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

First type Contact,
then select the only choice there: "Contact..",
from the list of , choose "Other"
finally click link the blue link about submit a ticket
Another page will open and just follow: .

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can open ticket by private message (but this can take longer):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Badlandsblake 

you should raise this issue with the customer support agents

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 

2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Need Help? Let's chat.