cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot call my plan

BoredApe
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The plan that I have has US & Canada unlimited calling however, I cannot call to Canada from the US? Any solutions?

5 REPLIES 5

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@BoredApe 

No. To use your pm services in3 the US you must purchase a 10 day US Roaming add on. The only pm services you can recieve in the US is incoming text messages. You can download a voip provider app such as fongo or textnow and use their features to call and/or text (fongo charges a fee for outgoing texts) for free on wifi or on mobile data.

You can also call forward your pm phone # to your voip # before you leave Canada but you must either remove the pm sim card or keep the phone in airplane mode so the pm sim card does not connect to a US tower and erase the call forwarding setting it back to default (voicemail).

More info on US Roaming.....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/US-Roaming-Add-ons-Decommissioning-of-US-...

BoredApe
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

FAC1F5D3-80B1-43E2-AE5C-FA21A775FC2B.jpeg

 so with this I cannot call to Canada with this plan but what if I'm within the USA can I call another number in the USA 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@BoredApe wrote:

The plan that I have has US & Canada unlimited calling however, I cannot call to Canada from the US? Any solutions?

HI @BoredApe  If you are on those $50, $60 , $70 with US calling minutes, those are minutes used to call US FROM Canada

You have to buy US roaming in order to use the service in US

However, if you just need call service and you have good Wifi there,  you should just download free VoIP app like TextNow or Fongo to call Canada for free.     They will give you a phone number and people can call you back as well like a phone

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@BoredApe 

your plan working for call in canada to US,,, not from US to canada unless as mention @darlicious your plan has US Roaming plan, if not have it,

then you need to purchase add-ons for US Roaming 10 day Package.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@BoredApe 

Unless you have the briefly offered in 2019 $60 Canada/US Roaming plan then your unlimited US calling is only from Canada to the US.

Need Help? Let's chat.