cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot call Torontos new area code

Petey
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I cannot call Torontos new area code 437 and Im in Toronto. Its states that its a long distance call and will not connect call. Sigh... help...

5 REPLIES 5

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
@Jeremy_M can you confirm the tech team is working on this?

Definately an error for the Mods to assist with.

Probably a list on the provisioning server needs to be updated to allow all area codes in Ontario to now add 437, and another to all 437 to call all other Ontario area codes.

This probably is a similar issue when I called a 226-229 number from my 226-922 number.  Both in the same SW Ontario area... and we're also getting a new Area Code in the current 519/226 overlay.

daputopia
+1 same issue. Cannot call any 437 number without LD add-on.
My friend I signed up for a 437 number and cannot call anywhere in Toronto without LD add-on.

Assuming adding +1 to the phone number does not help and the calls do not go through when you just ignore the message, you need moderator assistance. So, do one, or all, of the following:

- post your issue to PM on Facebook/Twitter

- send tech support the webform found by following the "buttons" in this link, https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help

- send a private message to any moderator with your phone number and a description of what has happened, but given their backlog it will likely be several days before they respond.

Until it is repaired, an experiment to try for those few, I assume, 437 nunbers would be an application like that from fongo.com (or Google Hangouts). It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi, or cellular data.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Petey

Need Help? Let's chat.