cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot activate SIM

Sola
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

just received a new SIM card in the mail and from Public Mobile and when I try and get activated it is telling me the SIM number is not valid.??? 

not sure what to do now or where to go next

Sola

7 REPLIES 7

Sola
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

After discussing my problem with a Moderator it was discovered there was a glitch in the background which caused the non acceptance of my SIM. Problem now solved and everythingn works beautifully.  Public Mobile exceptional to deal with.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Sola wrote:

just received a new SIM card in the mail and from Public Mobile and when I try and get activated it is telling me the SIM number is not valid.??? 

Sola

@Sola  If you got that error during your first activation attempt then it must be a defective card. You need to submit a ticket to PM and include the order number so that they can send you a new card.

If you go this error after you first activation attempt then you need to wait for the session lock to expire before you can redo the activation ((Usually clears up in ~ an hour).

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the icon below:

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

scorpio17
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I had the same problem when I activated my first SIM. Just tried again and it worked for me.

Sometimes incognito mode or another browser may help too.

@Sola wrote:

Sola

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi Sola

Did you ever make it to the end of activation process or close to?

If your card was charged try using the sim.

If you didn't get that far if your session was interrupted the sim will be locked for 50 minutes.

Just wait it out and try again, best to use incognito mode.

Also don't forget your referral number, if you don't have one ask your family and friends who are with public mobile, they can find it in their selfserve and both of you will benefit

Welcome to public mobile

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Welcome to PM @Sola , If you try @Jb456  uggestions above and it still doesn't work., and Simon confuses you too much, use this link to contact them directly  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Fidele99
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

1. Be sure that you enter the valid number 

2. If it doesn't work, contact Public Mobile by email:

It is possible to speak to a live representative only if you are a former customer (subscribed before January 27, 2015).

If this applies to you, contact Public Mobile by phone at 1-855-478-2542 or by cell phone by calling * 611

After this date, you can communicate with Public Mobile only by email.

Here is the procedure:

1. Click on the following link: https://publicmobile.ca/fr/on/contact-us

2. At the bottom of the page on the right, click on the "Send an email" button

3. Choose the options that most closely match your question or concern.

Finally, click on the "Send an email" button and fill out the form

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Did you try more then one? Hit the back button by chance?

System locks the sim for 50 minutes. Wait one hour, clear history and cookie cache. Open a fresh browser in an hour and try again in incongnito mode.

Don't forget a referral code for a $10 signup bonus.

Need Help? Let's chat.