cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel after a month ?

idskochhar
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there, new to public mobile community. I wanted to try the public mobile service out. 

Can I get a monthly plan ($40 for 4.5 GB) and cancel it after a month ?
or is there a minimum time period ( i.e. two months or three months) that I have to continue the service for ? 
Please, let me know if there is anything else I should know assuming that I only keep this service for a month. 

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8

SD13
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You totally can cancel after a month. I would not sign up for auto pay that way if you forget to cancel you won’t be charged for the next month till you top up your account fund. But you will lose out on the discount auto pay gives you. You will be happy with PM I am sure. I switched from bell and have to say very happy. Cheaper plan and less dropped calls even on the 3 G network. Welcome to PM you will love it !

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@meocon wrote:

@idskochhar You don't need to contact Mods to cancel your service or anything as it's prepaid service you don't pay you don't have service 🙂 that's it. Also, if you set up Auto Pay, please turn it off if you don't want to use with PM anymore.

Furthermore, if you decide to discontinue, I would advise you to not only turn off autopay but also remove your credit card details, as I've heard of instances of erroneous billing after cancellation.

passiveegg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Since Public Mobile is a prepaid service, if you dont top up after your 30 days month you wont have service. In addition, you have to remember that if there is no top up after 90 days since the last one, your number will be lost. So if you do anything, just remember to port your number else where if you do decide to leave public mobile.

meocon
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@idskochhar You don't need to contact Mods to cancel your service or anything as it's prepaid service you don't pay you don't have service 🙂 that's it. Also, if you set up Auto Pay, please turn it off if you don't want to use with PM anymore.

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@idskochhar wrote:

Hi there, new to public mobile community. I wanted to try the public mobile service out. 

Can I get a monthly plan ($40 for 4.5 GB) and cancel it after a month ?
or is there a minimum time period ( i.e. two months or three months) that I have to continue the service for ? 
Please, let me know if there is anything else I should know assuming that I only keep this service for a month. 

Thanks!

@idskochhar  you will love PM if, 4.5 GB Data suit you, enjoy 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@idskochhar, You can cancel any time.  There is no contract.  You pay in advance, and when the 30 or 90 days is up you either pay again to continue, or simply stop paying and move on.

adil-5aar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

no minimum time to wait its a prepaid service..

u can stop whenever you want, just keep iin mind, if you stop your service for more than 90 days u will loose ur number and the account will be closed.

have a nice day 

Gorms
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

There is no contract on that plan...it is a 30 day plan. You can cancel or switch to a different plan that more suits you.

cheers,

Gorms

Need Help? Let's chat.