cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel Account

Jewel15
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I’m having a hard time cancelling my account, I already transferred to other network but i can’t use my old number because public mobile won’t allow it, how come? I cant find customer service contact number? I need help.

10 REPLIES 10

@Jewel15 

If paying Public Mobile is the main problem there are likely many different fixes but one thing to consider is when you do add funds, add half a year worth instead of just enough for your renewal. Then you can relax without finding vouchers to top up constantly. 

At this point with your number suspended, you either have to let it go and get a new number at your new supplier OR renew with PM on at least the $15 plan so you can complete the port out. Then you may as well hang around for the 30 days you have to pay for. I’m sure many here can help you find convenient ways to top up.

AE_Collector

@Jewel15 

You close your Public mobile account when your port/transfer is completed.  As stated above, your Public mobile account has to be active for a port to be completed.  If your PM account is suspended, your port will not be completed.  You will need to activate your PM account and then contact your new carrier to complete port.    

@Jewel15  get in contact with the company you ported to and ask them to fix your port. It's up to them. Also ask them about the voicemail. Stay safe 

Jewel15

It so hard to find store selling load for PB in my area, the shop that recommened this to me already closed, i can’t use my debit card nor my credit card to pay online.

Jewel15

Your correct, my husband is calling my no., the voicemail is still there. How can i close the voice mail? My account is suspended, i got automatic reward thats why i just owe half amount. Is there any other way to deactivate my account? 

Another possibility is that @Jewel15 just ported out and then called the cell phone number and it went to PM voicemail. IE: not a case of PM “not allowing the number to go” but rather the port is still in progress or is stuck. Sort of depends what exactly leads @Jewel15 to say PM “won’t allow it”. No response in over three hours now...might the port have now completed?

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jewel15 wrote:

I’m having a hard time cancelling my account, I already transferred to other network but i can’t use my old number because public mobile won’t allow it, how come? I cant find customer service contact number? I need help.

As a curiosity, did you get any kind of communication from Public Mobile at the time of porting? If so would you share what all it said? Was it interactive or just informing you that a port was requested?

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@Jewel15 wrote:

Jewel there is no call centre. When you port your number over to another carrier it will automatically end your service with Public Mobile. 

Why are you leaving have you had a hard time with Public? Maybe the community can help you to resolve any issues. 

Contact the moderators (Public Mobile employee's) Directly here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Jewel15 if its been less than 90 days, you may be able to get your number back by reactivating your account. More than 90 days it's gone. Sorry to see you go. Stay safe. 

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

You need to have a public mobile account that is active to port your number out to another provider. Except for Telus or Koodo.

Is your public mobile account Active and In Good Standing??

Customer support is online through moderators. To reach them click the question mark and open a ticket.

Simon.JPG

Again your PM account has to be active and in good standing to port out.

Need Help? Let's chat.