cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canada wise plan

gp1953leb
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a 50 minute Canada wide plan, why can’t I complete a long distance call within Canada? Every time I try to call i get a message saying I need a long distance add-on!

10 REPLIES 10

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@gp1953leb wrote:

Thanks, but I have tried several numbers and I keep getting the same message saying I am not covered under my plan. When I check my plan it clearly states I have a Canada wide plan?

Okay.  You account was not provisioned correctly.  Try the stolen/lost phone trick suggested by @Anonymous to run the PM provisioning software again. Good luck.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gp1953leb:

Are you sure sure you haven't used all your minutes? 50 minutes can go by pretty fast. It's total in and out.

Try the lost/stolen feature.
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

gp1953leb

Thanks, but I have tried several numbers and I keep getting the same message saying I am not covered under my plan. When I check my plan it clearly states I have a Canada wide plan?

popping

@gp1953leb wrote:

I checked self-serve and it does confirm I have a 50 minute Canada wide plan and I haven’t used up all my minutes.

Try calling another long distance number to determine whether the problem is only for that number or your account provisiioning issue.

gp1953leb

I checked self-serve and it does confirm I have a 50 minute Canada wide plan and I haven’t used up all my minutes.

gp1953leb

It’s not a new area code and it is with the province. 

@gp1953leb wrote:

I have dialed 1 and no, the call will not connect.

Where are you trying to call? Is it a new area code? Have you logged into the self serve to make sure you have the correct plan?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

gp1953leb

I have dialed 1 and no, the call will not connect.

popping

@gp1953leb wrote:

I have a 50 minute Canada wide plan, why can’t I complete a long distance call within Canada? Every time I try to call i get a message saying I need a long distance add-on!

Dial a 1 before long distance number.

Will your call connected if you ignore the long distance alert message?

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@gp1953leb wrote:

Are you putting a 1 in front of the number you are trying to dial?  Even with Canada wide calling you will need to dial it like it is a long distance call

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.