cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canada-US Plan

D_Money899
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I currently have a plan for just Canada but I’ve been thinking about upgrading to a Canada-US plan just wondering if the upgrade is worth getting?

5 REPLIES 5

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@D_Money899 in this case I definitely think it's worth it. I have the Canada-US 50 GB plan and I only go over to the US a couple times a year but one of those times is for 2 weeks. I'm still paying a few dollars less for this plan than I was with my old carrier that was Canada only and I only had 6 GB per month, I would have switched just for the increase in GB 🙂

If your phone is not on PM's whitelist of VoLTE devices your calls may be an issue. For texting and data it should work fine with either T-Mobile and AT&T (some are saying Verizon worked for them but it wouldn't for us), but for calls you would need to connect to T-Mobile and that's if there is 2G coverage in your area. The work around would be to use apps like WhatsApp, TextNow or other similar apps with voice calling

Scroll towards the bottom for a list of VoLTE-roaming enabled devices:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/volte

@D_Money899 wrote:

I will be going commuting to go university in the US in the fall so I’ll be over most days of the week. That’s the reason I’m looking to upgrade.

@D_Money899 , if you are in the US regularly, it is a no brainer.  I don't think you can get a separate plan for the US that is as inexpensive as a single plan with Public Mobile.  The CAN-US plans with this service is very competitive.  Buying add-on is not practical unless it is for the odd shor trip.  

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

then definitely worth it.  PM has one of the cheapest Canada-US roaming plan.  And best is that it does not limit you the data amount you can use in US

D_Money899
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I will be going commuting to go university in the US in the fall so I’ll be over most days of the week. That’s the reason I’m looking to upgrade.

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

it's a personal choice

but if you are going to US once every month or once every 2 months, the the plan price is not too much different from your current one, I think it worth it.  A single roaming cost you $30 already. 

But remember, if you change plan now, you might not be getting the same plan you have now.  So, don't think of getting it for one month because of a US trip and hoping to go back to the old plan after one month

Need Help? Let's chat.