cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive calls/texts

tara_780
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Good morning,

I switched over to Public Mobile from ChatR. I am able to send texts but not MMS, I did change the APN settings. I can make calls but can't receive them. 

I did restart the phone a few times, reinstert the SIM and still no luck. Top left does display Public Mobile. 

From my understanding the the porting is stuck in "limbo" It's been 2 days. I have sent PM an email, and sent two mods private messages. 

Anything else that can be done?

13 REPLIES 13

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Let's hope we get this solved today

tara_780

My chatr has expired and my public mobile still isn't fully active yet. I have sent an email pmed 3 mods and left a Facebook message without any replies it's been 3 days

Rockdaddy22
That's very unfortunate 😞

tara_780

Thanks for the quick response. But I was stupid and didn't test out the new service before throwing out the old SIM

During this time in "limbo" and untilyour problem is resolved by a MOD it is probably best to use your old SIM that way you won't miss any calls or texts.  Just make sure to take your PM Sim with you and when the old sim has no service time to put the PM one back in

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Rockdaddy22
I'm sorry I should read better

tara_780

Sorry I was replying to a person above. Asked if it was a new number or I was porting

Rockdaddy22
Good job, is everything working well?

tara_780

Ported my number over

ljbucs20

Did you get a new number from Public Mobile or did you port your old number?

cnguyen1994

This happened to me as well 

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

@tara_780  unfortunately not much else you can do but wait.  Hopefully with the promo over the mods can catch up and get you sorted quickly.

Need Help? Let's chat.