cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive calls but I can make them

gillian_larissa
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've been using Public Mobile since 2015 and now all of a sudden no one can call me. I have not recently changed my phone, my location or anything else - the only thing I did was text YES to a promo which upgraded my plan to $40/month with added data and text/talk. 

I've checked my account, my payment has gone through as of the 9th and for some reason no one can call me it just says my number is "unavailable to call" - the confusing part is that I am able still to call people, but if they call me, there is no record and they can't get through.

This is super frustrating, as even though I submitted a ticket to get this sorted, how the hell can I get a call from anyone to help me fix it? I can't, so I'm essentially paying $40/month for nothing.

2 REPLIES 2

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@softech i believe OP said they already submitted a ticket.

@gillian_larissa - Frustrating, seems account related, IMO. Go back to your SENT messages that you sent to customer support and ask for an update. Let me know what has been happening. This should not occur from the promo you accepted, but something is off here.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@gillian_larissa 

first reboot  your phone

Then try to enable VoLTE on your device 

iPhone: Settings->Cellular->Cellular Data Options->Voice & Data, enable 4G or LTE there

Pixel Settings->Network and Internet->Internet, click on the settings icon besides SIM 1, turn on 4G calling there

Samsung/ Other Android: Settings->Connection->Mobile Data, enable VoLTE there

You cam also try to change the Preferred network type or Network mode to 3G only? or WCDMA only 

next to try is to put your PM sim in another phone   That cam force a sim re-provisioning and could resolve the problem 

If nothing works, open ticket with support to have them refresh your account

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (requires access to My Account) using direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Contact agent ", then click "Contact Us", then click "Other", click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗""
Next, enter your Community login, then enter your question.  Finally use My Account login or 4 digits PIN to validate.

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.