cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't make or receive calls

FGinBC
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I can't make or receive calls - everything else works. I do have an active plan and enough balance in my PM account for my plan renewal scheduled tomorrow. All settings are fine, I tried resetting and tried my SIM in my spouse's phone and it still did not work. My spouse's calling works fine (also with Public Mobile). I have had this happen once or twice before but only with my data not working around the plan renewal date despite my account saying active. I was expecting important calls today so I am frustrated to say the least. I tried to send a message to customer service but it wouldn't let me verify with my username (kept saying error). Is there any fix for this?

9 REPLIES 9

GK68
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Same here.  I went into my account and it says it's active but when I try to call out, I get a recording saying I don't have an active account.  My payment is automatic and isn't due until the 7th or so.  Definitely a Public Mobile issue.. and it's not the first time.  I have data, can text without wifi, but can't call out or receive calls.. started today.  Rebooting didn't work, which has worked in similar past situations.  Very frustrating! 

falalamutata
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

same problem here - just started afternoon of March 1, 2023 and March 2 is the renewal date

FGinBC

Unfortunately it didn't work. My spouse used their public mobile plan calling successfully standing right next to me, and my calling hadn't been working for several hours during which I had travelled about 100km from work to home, passing through many cities, so it can't be a local issue

FGinBC

I did 100% have more than enough data available when that issue happened, so unfortunately that wasn't the reason - but thank you for your reply!

brochaadolf

Thank you 

my account is active and its in good condition texting is working well 

and the renewal of the plan is tomorrow 

@brochaadolf  you cannot make calls and receive calls?

how about data , does that work?

You check your My Account ? is it active? is tomorrow the renewal day?

you have a chance to try your sim in another phone?

brochaadolf

I also have the same problem 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This problem seems to be endemic.  There was report of this by another member not long ago who also happens to have a renewal the following day.  @FGinBC , I can tell you that I had a brief encounter with calling not working the day before renewal.  It may have been my fault but I won't get into the nitty gritty.  In any event, the account renewed at midnight EST and all was good after that.  By the way your data behavior is potentially explainable.  You might have ran out of usage heading toward the end of a plan cycle.  Data usage warnings might be issued by the system in such cases.  

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@FGinBC   PM uses 3G network for voice calls

Try to change the Preferred network type or network mode to 3G only and check if your phone connects at all in such settings, there is a chance NO

But if it connects, try to see if you can make calls

if it cannot connect, it is likely a local 3G network issue, you should be able to get the voice when you are in different area of the town.  You can open ticket with PM support and confirm if there is any local network issue

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.