cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't login to my account - No option for email OTP

bghi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can't login to my account - No option for email OTP

I lost the phone and bought a SIM card to activate my phone number but could not login in as it is sending SMS to the phone # only . Chat Bot is not helping, wasted lot's of hours on this. Please provide e-mail OTP option or get someone available to assist.

23 REPLIES 23

Hi @bghi good to know

now you can get the code on sms/voice/email 

bghi

@hTideGnow the Agent activated the new SIM for me & once the phone # started to work on the new phone, I was able to complete the OTP MFA.

HI @bghi   just want to understand the process

Did agent help you to setup EverSafe and let you login My Account to make the sim card change yourself?

or did they help you to first change the sim card and leave the EverSafe setup to you after?

or they helped you both?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@bghi  Happy to hear it 

bghi

Thank you all for sharing and helping. CS Agent reached back and it is resolved now.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hTideGnow   The only thing I've done with the suspended account is to try login to self serve and then being asked to update the password and then go through the verification.    I've not attempted to access the community on that account with the current situation ongoing.

@bghi   You seem to be getting a different option than me, so you'll have to wait for support to assist.

hi @Jazmyn this is because you have not setup the new login yet, your number not linked up to this Community id/email yet

Just submit a ticket for agent to sort out

@bghi usually agent replies within hours, or two.  But last couple days there are certainly a huge number of tickets.  Maybe message them again if you waited longer than 4 hours???

bghi

@hTideGnow Thank you!

How long does it that the CS-Agent to respond or assist ?

Jazmyn

ditto 😕 No email option. What are you supposed to do if you lost or damaged your phone?

Jazmyn

I've tried a dozen times in the past hour, and the only options it gives on resend is voicemail or text. I asked support and they said they can't send it by email.

hi @bghi yes, resend code to email is only not available if the new login on this new system has not been setup.  Once setup, sending code to wmail/sms/voice will all be there 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bghi    So retested on my suspended account and I still get the options for email, VM or SMS after selecting Resend Code.

bghi

@Anonymous this the what you get when you ask to resend code

bghi_1-1685226849902.png

@Jazmynand @bghi  if support will not budge and help you consider freedom has a new plan right now $50 for 40GB and is works both in all of Canada and the US 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bghi    I tested that with a suspended account and while I never received the SMS (at that time, but it appear later), I was able to select resend and other options were presented.  Maybe it's no longer working.

bghi

that option with email is not there, it looks like it only comes once you verify with sms on this new web page

Jazmyn

they've removed the email option. That's our problem too

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bghi    Click Resend Code and then you should see an option to either resend the verification code via SMS, email or VM.

@Jazmyn    That doesn't sound right at all.  I think you should submit another ticket or private message and tell them that you want to speak with a supervisor. 

bghi

Very Sad!!! How do you turn off the auto-billing, from you bank account ? If I can put it off, and cancel this plan & I am done with Public mobile.

@Jazmyn that’s terrible , and not right …. It has nothing to do with me and I’m outraged for you 

Jazmyn

I am going through this right now too for my parents and support has essentially told me there's nothing they can do, but they can turn off auto-billing and then they will have to make a whole new account with new emails. So they lose the plan they had that was better for them than any current plans, and they lose all their loyalty rewards 😞

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @bghi the option is not there if you are still setting up the new login.   You will habe it as an option  later, after the setup is done

Message CS Agent to open ticket and they will help

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@bghi  Get support to SIM card swap the number for you 

• while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message   To CS_Agents by clicking here.

Need Help? Let's chat.