cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t get internet on phone

Trac10
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a iPhone 8 Plus.  I followed directions for APN change but on my cellular network page all it says is apn then username and password.  There is nowhere  for the other codes it says to enter.  I don’t know the username and password.  How do I get the cellular data to work?

9 REPLIES 9

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Trac10 wrote:

I have a iPhone 8 Plus.  I followed directions for APN change but on my cellular network page all it says is apn then username and password.  There is nowhere  for the other codes it says to enter.  I don’t know the username and password.  How do I get the cellular data to work?

Try one or more of the below

Soft reset your iPhone 8 Plus that has no Internet access.

1. Press and hold the Top or Side button until the Power off slider appears.
  2. Drag the slider to the right to turn your phone off.
  3. After 30 seconds, press and hold the Top or Side button again until the Apple logo appears.

Restart Wi-Fi on your iPhone.

1. Pull up theControl Centerfrom any screen of youriphone x, by swiping down from the top-right of the display Be sure to position your finger at the upper-rightmost corner of the screen to show the right of the notch then pull down to open the Control Center.
  2. Then long press on the four icon menu that comprises of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. 
  3. Long press on the Wi-Fi control/icon to disable or turn Wi-Fi off.
  4. After a few seconds, press and hold the Wi-Fi icon again to turn Wi-Fi back on.

Turn Airplane Mode on and off.

1. Tap to open Settings app from the Home screen.
  2. Scroll to and tap on the Airplane Mode menu. 
  3. Tap the Airplane mode switch to turn it on. Doing so will disable your iPhone’s wireless radios as well as its Wi-Fi features.
  4. Perform a soft reset or reboot your iPhone while Airplane Mode is enabled.
  5. Once the phone is finished booting up, go back to Settings-> Airplane mode then toggle the switch to turn the feature off.

Forget all saved Wi-Fi networks from your iPhone.

1. From your Home screen, navigate to Settings-> Wi-Fi menu.
  2. Make sure that the Wi-Fi switch is turned on.
  3. Scroll down and select your Wi-Fi network.
  4. Tap the information (i) icon next to the name of your Wi-Fi network (SSID).
  5. Then select the option to Forget this Network.
  6. If prompted, enter your passcode to continue.
  7. Finally, tap the option to confirm that you want to forget the Wi-Fi network. The Wi-Fi network will then be removed from your device.

Reset network settings on your iPhone 8 Plus.

1. From the Home screen, tap Settings.
  2. Scroll to and tap General.
  3. Tap on Reset
  4. Select the option to Reset network settings.
  5. Enter your passcode if prompted.
  6. Tap to confirm that you want to reset network settings on your iPhone.

Erase your iPhone and restore default settings (factory reset).

1. Tap Settings from your Home screen.
  2. Select General.
  3. Scroll down and tap on Reset.
  4. Select the option to Erase all content and settings.
  5. If prompted, enter your passcode to proceed.
  6. Confirm that you want to factory reset your iPhone.

Last resort: Restore your iPhone in recovery mode through  iTunes.

1. While your iPhone is connected, quickly press and release the Volume Up button.
  2. Then press and release the Volume Down button.
  3. Finally, press and hold the Side/Power button until the phone reboots. Continue holding the Side/Power button even when you see the Apple logo.
  4. Then, release the Side/Power button once you see the Connect to iTunes screen. This screen is an indication that your device has entered recovery mode.
  5. Go to iTunes and you should see a message saying that “There is a problem with the iPhone that requires it to be updated or restored.”
  6. Select the option to Restore, then follow the onscreen instructions to restore your iPhone from the recent iOS backup. 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Trac10 leave your APN settings alone and reset your network settings

1. From the home screen navigate to Settings>General>Reset
2. Tap Reset Network Settings
If prompted enter your passcode
3. Tap Reset Network Settings
4. Restart your phone

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Trac10 

1.  Check your iPhone for update.  If yes, update and restart your phone with PM SIM inserted.

2.  You may need to connect to iTune app running in a PC to download PM carrier specific file to configure your APN file automatically.  Make sure to restart phone after download or update.

Report result.  Thanks

@Helpershelper  just an FYI the APN's you provided are for Android phones not iPhone's.

@Trac10 if your APN says sp.mb.com change it to ISP.mb.com or vice versa. Save and reboot phone. 

Let us know!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Trac10 wrote:

This is the definitive reading on APN stuff on an Apple product.

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Trac10 @Gunner123 

APN        isp.mb.com

Username

Password

@Trac10 wrote:

The APN username and passwords should be blank.

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Trac10 wrote:

@Trac10 hi have you tried to do a network reset?

Need Help? Let's chat.