cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get SIM or info

jwwwwwwwwwwww
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I signed up on December 31st, and Public Mobile told me I would receive my new SIM card within 3 to 7 business days.

I realized on January 20th I hadn't received it yet. I filed a ticket and let them know my order number and what the situation was. They wrote me back asking for my name, my mailing address, and my email address. I assume that was already attached to my order number, but I replied immediately and now another two days later I haven't heard anything and I haven't received my SIM card. I'm going to end up paying for another month of the expensive phone plan that I can't afford and was the whole reason I switched.

Any advice, please? Thank you very much.

12 REPLIES 12

@jwwwwwwwwwwww wrote:

Thanks, that's very kind. Toronto unfortunately.

Then Canadiancellsupply is possible.  They're $5.00 now.

They're at 2489 Finch Avenue West, North York, ON.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@jwwwwwwwwwwww 

15 with Publicmobile is the best plan, you get unlimited incoming, others don't offer that. If 100 if outgoing is not enough, it's only 1c/min with the add-on. 

Good news is that for now 800 are not counted(by mistake it may change any time) and you can also use Fongo to turn your outgoing minutes into incoming for that odd call you need to make.

Really great plan, unless you really need data.

If your sim is lost you will get the refund, but dunt feel too bad about having second sim, i keep one on me all the time you never know when you will run into somebody that could use it, and you get rewards if you refer people

jwwwwwwwwwwww

Thanks, that's very kind. Toronto unfortunately.

@jwwwwwwwwwwww wrote:

Yes, @HALIMACS , that's what I meant by signed up. That wasn't quite the right usage, @Anonymous, but what I meant is that I ordered the SIM on the 31st, and was also charged for/paid for it at that time.

And yes, precisely. I'm switching to a $15 plan, @kb_mv, from a far more expensive plan with another provider that I can no longer afford. I did this right after my bill payment so that I wouldn't have another month cycle with my previous provider, but I'm getting very close to having gone a whole other month with them rather than being able to start with Public.

@jwwwwwwwwwwww if you are in SE NB, let me know, I can get you a sim to use.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jwwwwwwwwwwww : Then yes if you can get to any of the vendors and get a SIM before your other plan runs out then you could proceed. Then when the other one arrives keep it for a referral to a family member or friend.

Don't forget to use a referral code to get a $10 credit in your account after activation.

jwwwwwwwwwwww

Yes, @HALIMACS , that's what I meant by signed up. That wasn't quite the right usage, @Anonymous, but what I meant is that I ordered the SIM on the 31st, and was also charged for/paid for it at that time.

And yes, precisely. I'm switching to a $15 plan, @kb_mv, from a far more expensive plan with another provider that I can no longer afford. I did this right after my bill payment so that I wouldn't have another month cycle with my previous provider, but I'm getting very close to having gone a whole other month with them rather than being able to start with Public.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Walmart sometimes gives it for free, give them a call

You can use your friend's referral in store too. The last promo may be online only though, just a warning. 

Welcome to Publicmobile

@kb_mv  /  @Anonymous 

I'm guessing they may have active service with another provider at a higher cost and they're waiting on the SIM to port over... maybe that's what the OP meant.

Not entirely sure what the 'signed up on December 31' meant - maybe signed up for the promo or for the SIM card order?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jwwwwwwwwwwww : You didn't actually sign up per se. You ordered a SIM. Whenever it arrives THEN you "sign up" or activate. You can't activate without a SIM.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@jwwwwwwwwwwww wrote:

I signed up on December 31st, and Public Mobile told me I would receive my new SIM card within 3 to 7 business days.

I realized on January 20th I hadn't received it yet. I filed a ticket and let them know my order number and what the situation was. They wrote me back asking for my name, my mailing address, and my email address. I assume that was already attached to my order number, but I replied immediately and now another two days later I haven't heard anything and I haven't received my SIM card. I'm going to end up paying for another month of the expensive phone plan that I can't afford and was the whole reason I switched.

@jwwwwwwwwwwww How are you paying for a plan when you haven't activated a sim yet? You've done all you can for now and I am sure PM will make it right regarding any money you are out. Really curious on the first question though.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@jwwwwwwwwwwww wrote:

Sounds like 2, 3 or even 4 weeks have been the norm for delivery of the sims via Canada Post. C19 issues, I suppose.

These guys promise FAST shipping or there's several locations where you can make arrangements for pick-up....

https://canadiancellsupplies.com/collections/sim-cards/products/public-sim-card

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @jwwwwwwwwwwww 

That is frustrating for sure.

If you're close to a Walmart, London Drugs, or Canadiancellsupplies store, get one there.

If not, use this store locator:

Where to buy a SIM (publicmobile.ca)

It's always a good idea to have a spare SIM anyway, so when it arrives in the SLOOOWWW mail, you'll then have one.

Need Help? Let's chat.