cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Use Mobile Data

yayoip765
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just signed up with Public Mobile this weekend and I haven't been able to use my data at all. My phone will sometimes say I'm connected to either 4G or H+ but I can't use anything that requires an internet connection. I tried changing my APN settings, but that didn't help. Is there anything else I can do? I'd like to stay with Public but if I can't use mobile data then I'll have o switch to another provider.

11 REPLIES 11

To reset neetworrk settings @yayoip765 

Set up Internet - Nokia 6.1
  1. Swipe up.
  2. Select Settings.
  3. Select Network & Internet.
  4. Select Mobile network.
  5. Select Advanced.
  6. Scroll to and select Access point names.
  7. Select the Menu button.
  8. Select Reset to default. Your phone will reset to default Internet and MMS settings. Network problems should be solved at this point.

Then enter these APN settings:

APN settings:
Name: Mobile Internet
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Not set
Port: Not set
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Not set
APN type: Not set       
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: Not set
MVNO value: Not set

Save, restart your phone, enable data and try sending an mms message and surfing the internet.  Stay safe. 

@yayoip765 wrote:

@gblackma 

Thanks for your response! My phone is a Nokia 6.1. 

@yayoip765  Here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nI6gCeBB8GY

If it still doesn't work then post a screenshot of your APN settings so that we can help you resolve your issue.

@yayoip765 your phone should be close to a pixel to reset network settings

• open settings
  • scroll down to system
  • tap advanced>tap on reset options
  • tap reset wifi,mobile & Bluetooth
  • tap reset settings and restart

yayoip765

@gblackma 

Thanks for your response! My phone is a Nokia 6.1. 

yayoip765

@Triguy 

Thanks for your response! My phone is a Nokia 6.1. I did try rebooting it yesterday, but that didn't work. How would I go about doing a network reset?

yayoip765

@Luddite 

Thanks for your response! I set my phone to 3G and I did confirm that I have a data allowance. How would I go about doing a network reset?

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@yayoip765 Try:

• a network reset
  • setting the phone to 3G instead of LTE/auto
  • looking at your account to confirm you can see a data allowance under Data & add-ons

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

tabi159w
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Are you certain that your phone is compatible with PM's bands? Also, try to reset your APN settings to default and reboot your phone.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@yayoip765 wrote:

I just signed up with Public Mobile this weekend and I haven't been able to use my data at all. My phone will sometimes say I'm connected to either 4G or H+ but I can't use anything that requires an internet connection. I tried changing my APN settings, but that didn't help. Is there anything else I can do? I'd like to stay with Public but if I can't use mobile data then I'll have o switch to another provider.

@yayoip765  Post a screenshot of your current APN settings.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try rebooting your phone.  What make and model of phone do you have ?  You might have to do a network reset as a last resort.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Welcome to PM @yayoip765 . What's the make and model of your phone?  Thanks.  Stay safe. 

Need Help? Let's chat.