cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can' make call

nike
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just activated a sim card but cannot make a call. Got this message "mobile network not available"

8 REPLIES 8

Coyote98
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Try switching to 3g networks 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@nike wrote:

I just activated a sim card but cannot make a call. Got this message "mobile network not available"

@nike  If your phone is compatible with PM's network then more than likely your account was not provisioned properly and you will need to submit   a ticket to PM to get it resolved.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the icon below:

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

marimacas
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Try restarting your phone. In my case, the mobile connection was started immediately after that.

Espunging on @Jackhyf63 's answer, @nike  manually select PM as your network, and restart your phone. Have any of the solutions given worked?

If not, contact a moderator and explain your situation. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen. This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket)

Jackhyf63
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@nike  Just make sure the activation was successful, are you able to see the active status in your self serve portal? If so, the next thing to examine is the phone itself.  What make and model of phone is being used here?  Is it possible the phone may still be SIM locked to a different carrier?  If not, then it might be necessary to manual check for mobile networks in the system settings to see if the Public Mobile network is being picked up. 

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

A few ideas:

- what kind of phone do you have? (is it compatible with the Telus/PM network bands)

- Test the SIM in another phone

- make sure mobile network selection is set to automatic, and is not manually set to a network other than Public Mobile.

- Preferred network type includes WCDMA/LTE, and not just GSM.

- Is your phone unlocked if it wasnt previously used with Telus or Koodo?

@nike wrote:

Does text messaging or data work?  If you perform a manual network scan, you see a Public Mobile network listed?

I am also wondering if the phone is compatible.  What model is is it?  For phone calls, you must have access to Public Mobile's 3g network and the phone must be compatible with that.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Did you port a number or is it a new number?

Have you rebooted your phone?

Does it say anything besides "mobile network unavailable"?  Does it ask for maybe sim network unlock code?

Are you certain your phone is unlocked?

Need Help? Let's chat.