cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I have a refund if I do prepaid and want to switch to Fido?

SharonZhao
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I want to switch to Fido. But I set up autopay at PM. I paid next 90 days for $120 mid May. If i switch to fido saying end of May, can i get refund??

9 REPLIES 9

@daredogg wrote:

Hey @ShawnC13 good job clarifying misinformation. Great to see you're an oracle now! You continued on here when I took a hiatus! Robot LOL

Hey thanks!!  Great to see you around as well.  When I saw your name pop up with your responses I was like there is a name I haven't seen in awhile!!  Yes I stuck around and have moved up, you should stick around as well.  The rewards you earn sure help on the bill!!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@Acekiller wrote:

hold off your switch to Fido or you lose it.

I think you mean in 90 days from original sign-up date... not when someone goes with another carrier. They will still get service with PM for the full 90 days, whether they use it or not.

@SharonZhao if you really want to go somewhere else, make sure you disable autopay in your My Account before your 90 days are up. Too bad you didn't realize PM was pre-paid. If you try Public Mobile out, I'm sure you'll like it here... Thumb Up 

Hey @ShawnC13 good job clarifying misinformation. Great to see you're an oracle now! You continued on here when I took a hiatus! Robot LOL

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

hold off your switch to Fido or you lose it.

@kyou wrote:

Hi,

Unfortunately as far as I understand the rules, your prepayment is non-refundable. Your best option would be to wait out your 90 day plan and then seek other alternatives. Alternatively I do believe that Public Mobile does give you the option to put your account on HOLD, which would freeze your account (data/minutes) until reactivated.

Here is a past thread to give you some insight with regards to freezing an account.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Lab/Ability-to-Pause-Stop-an-account-temporari...

best of luck,

kyou

The answer to the OP's question is no there are no refunds or pro-rating a plan.

As for @kyou, statement I just want to clarify it.  You can't put an active account on HOLD  THe closest thing is reporting a lost or stolen phone and that just freezes the ability to use your data or call or text.  It does not extend your 90 day period in anyway.  The other hold is after a plan has expired you have 90 days to reactivate a plan with public mobile otherwise your plan you were on is lost and so is your phone number and the SIM card becomes useless as it can't be actibated again.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kyou  the article you referd to was in the old public lab,  it was a discussion on an idea.  there is no way to stop (put on hold) the service ocne you have paid for it.  you can suspend your service (ie lost/stolen phone) but the the renewal date does not change.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

The simple answer is no. Best to switch when closer to your renewal date.

kyou
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

Unfortunately as far as I understand the rules, your prepayment is non-refundable. Your best option would be to wait out your 90 day plan and then seek other alternatives. Alternatively I do believe that Public Mobile does give you the option to put your account on HOLD, which would freeze your account (data/minutes) until reactivated.

Here is a past thread to give you some insight with regards to freezing an account.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Lab/Ability-to-Pause-Stop-an-account-temporari...

best of luck,

kyou

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@SharonZhao

As far as I have seen with pre-pay you do not get refunds. You can try contacting @CS_Agent but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Curious, why Fido and not citifone?

Need Help? Let's chat.