cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I change my phone number from one area code to another one? How?

tigerwang1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have an exsisting phone# starting with 902, can I change it to some other number starting with 604 or 778? Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7

@computergeek541 You are correct - I am assuming lower mainland on nothing other than intuition. Indeed with all current plans, only the location and calling plans of those calling the number is relevant...

@Nezgar wrote:

I found an oft-overlooked stash of 604 numbers that are local calling to AND from the lower mainland if you choose "BC-SECHELT" 😉

As I'm sure that you already know, the phone number on the Public Mobile account makes no  difference for the outgoing calls.  Unfortunately, from the information in this thread, we don't really know yet where others will usually be calling @tigerwang1 from.

I found an oft-overlooked stash of 604 numbers that are local calling to AND from the lower mainland if you choose "BC-SECHELT" 😉

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@tigerwang1 wrote:

I have an exsisting phone# starting with 902, can I change it to some other number starting with 604 or 778? Thanks.

@tigerwang1 

Log into your Self Serve account, and navigate to Change Number option under "My Profile".

Then proceed to select communities that could have those area codes to see what is available. If you want to see a new set of numbers, just back out and go back in selecting the city to view more.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@tigerwang1    Yes the 604 and 778 numbers are hard to get as noted by NDesai but try selecting Sechelt from the list of BC communities as they have quite a few 604 numbers available, also Aldergrove (although you will have to keep selecting another city and then back before getting some 604's pop up).  Chilliwack usually have some 604 and 778 numbers, but you will need to keep refreshing several times between Aldergrove and Chilliwack to see one of those area codes become available.

Also a reminder that numbers from those communities could be long distance to anyone calling you if they don't have province/Canada wide plans.

604 ... Galiano Island. is local. 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@tigerwang1 Yup, you can change the number 4 times every 30 days directly from your self-serve account. Please know that once you change, you cannot get the old number back. You will have a hard time finding a good 604 or 778 number though.

Need Help? Let's chat.