cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls not connecting

myapplemonkey
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I saw a voicemail notification this morning, without a phonecall (which I know can happen), however, when I tried to check my voicemail, the call would not connect.  I tried multiple times, and had at least one bar of service each time.  I also tried calling my mom to see if it was just my voicemail, but even that wouldn't work.  I was able to eventually listen to my voicemail after turning off the wifi, however even then I still had issues making calls as they won't connect. I've been with PM since 2018 and have never had this happen before.  My plan just renewed and I have auto-pay so I know that's not the issue.  Any ideas what's going on and how to fix this?  tia!

4 REPLIES 4

@myapplemonkey   Yes, there has been multiple posts on (Mar 6) regarding no receiving incoming calls.  But I am not sure where they are from as on one reply that  😞

So, 3G only still not works ?  How's the network today?  try reboot it this morning and see.  Since everyone in your hose with PM has problem, it really look like an outage in your area.    (Yes, your sister on Telus without issue, check to see if she has VoLTE turned on, that would be the reason.   Telus has that but not PM)

If it still not working this morning, please open a ticket with PM Support and have them confirm if there is anything wrong with the network towers around.  To open ticket with PM:

1. If you have access to Self-Serve My account: For faster response (2-48 hours) , Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click "Contact Us", click "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket". Then follow to complete the ticket submission.

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with above method: you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

myapplemonkey
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi all,

I'm in Thunder Bay, Ontario.

We have no known outages...but the issues is with all the PM phones in the house (my parents are both with them, but my sister with Telus has no issues).

We've all restarted our phones, changed our settings, and did anything else suggested and that we could think of.  I have noticed multiple people have posted about having issues today today. 🤷🏼‍♀️

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@myapplemonkey 

Where you are at?  Province and city?

I suggest you to try 3 things

1. Change the Network settings to 3G Only or WCDMA Only and see if it works

2. Try reseat your SIM, power off the phone, take the SIM out for a minute then put it back and power up

3. if you have another phone around, try put your PM SIM in the phone and see if it works

let us know how it goes

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Where are you located? Maybe there is some outage in that area. Few people complained today not having service. Maybe it is weather 😞

Did you try simple remedy - to reboot your phone?

Why would turning WiFi off make your cell phone work? These are two different connections...?

Need Help? Let's chat.