cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls Drop despite US Roaming Package

Dsijde
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi 

I purchased a US roaming package and am in downtown Pittsburgh, PA.

I can make outgoing calls and I call see they are logged to my account. However the calls are dropping after approximately 29 - 45 seconds.

Also someone from Alberta tried to call me and got a message that i was unavailable and I was not on another call at that time.

How do I resolve this?

4 REPLIES 4

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Dsijde wrote:

Yes - I bought 10 days ago. Today is 10th day.

So bought another 10 days starting yesterday...

@Dsijde this is why you are unable to call successfully, unfortunately.  If you have more than 1 of the roaming talk add-ons active at the same time, calls drop in under a minute.  Similarly, having more than 1 of the roaming texting add-on causes issues.  You need to wait until the previous one drops off your account before you purchase the next 10 days, unfortunately.

Since you're on day 10, this should probably self-resolve itself at around midnight eastern time tonight, though there's a chance it could persist up to 24 hours after.  I'd suggest you try sending the moderator team a private message ASAP and ask them to remove the original US Roaming Talk + Text add-ons you purchased 9 days ago.  You can learn how to do that here:  How to Get Help.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Dsijde
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes - I bought 10 days ago. Today is 10th day.

So bought another 10 days starting yesterday...

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Dsijde please sign into your self-serve account, click on Plan and Add-ons tab, and tell me if you see the "US Roaming Talk" add-on listed more than once.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Dsijde wrote:

Hi 

I purchased a US roaming package and am in downtown Pittsburgh, PA.

I can make outgoing calls and I call see they are logged to my account. However the calls are dropping after approximately 29 - 45 seconds.

Also someone from Alberta tried to call me and got a message that i was unavailable and I was not on another call at that time.

How do I resolve this?

The unavaialbe message could be because you are in a weak coverage area. What network are you currently connected to AT&T or T-Mobile?

If both networks are available maybe try manually connecting to the other one?

Need Help? Let's chat.