cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling card issues

Charley1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Anyone who tries to call my number with a Cici calling card, they cannot get ahold of me. Half of my clients use these cards. I’m going to have to cancel public and find a different provider. Can anyone verify why public is blocking calls from cici calling cards? (We’ve tested it multiple times and the call will not go through.) 

16 REPLIES 16

@Charley1 

Any chance you have 'Silent Unknown Caller"/ "Block calls from unknow number" enabled on your phone?

@Charley1 

honest, I doubt PM is blocking the Cici calls, did you try my suggestion to swap the sim cards between the two phones to confirm if it is a device issue?

In terms of engaging proper support, please message them here

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Charley1

There are only two types of calling cards in the area we’re in! With hundreds of families, there’s no way to tell all of them to only buy the one kind of card lol. I contacted public but this community forum was the only option even though I clicked through to customer support a few times, it keeps booting me to here. 
I’ll def try deleting all the settings as well as buying my own calling card to see if any of these changes helped. 
ultimately, if this doesn’t get resolved I have to drop public. It doesn’t matter how much money I’m saving with public vs rogers or bell… if I’m dropping calls I’m losing business. 

Yeah I just did a little reading on that. Interesting. Have they decided that CiCi is the only and best calling card? Surely to goodness there are a zillion calling cards available. And yeah for your own experience it might be a curiosity for you to try out that calling card.

But the fact that your husband who is also with Public can receive these calls leads me to suggest you contact support and explain that to them. If the numbers were blocked then the caller would go to voicemail, not a busy signal. Also do a reset of network settings. That will remove saved wifis and paired bluetooths so you know.

Charley1

They use public pay phones! A different, more liberal community has phone shacks on their neighbours properties but I’ve noticed those ones use calling cards too. Not sure what their arrangements are lol 

Sooo...tin cans and string? 🙂 So their using someone elses phone? And that person doesn't have Canada-wide?

Charley1

They’re Amish. They don’t own phones lol

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

So like why are people using calling cards to call you? Why can't they dial direct? Do they have service from out of country? Do they have limited local calling? Doesn't everybody have Canada-wide these days? 🙂

Charley1

How would I block it on my phone? Like I’d there a button I could have accidentally  pressed?? The other calling cards are from bell and those come through no problem. My husband and I were both at home. They tried my phone got a busy signal and  nothing rang on my end, than called my husband in the same house, and got through to him. I had a guy ask me if I am with a different cell provider because he heard they block calls from the competitions calling cards. (The bell calling cards come through to me but both seem to come through to my husband so that doesn’t make sense.)

I’m going to buy a calling card myself and test it out! I’ve also had a lot of poor service on my phone lately. Now that I’ve switched to 3G data, I have way more bars so maybe that will help too. 

@Charley1 wrote:

UPDATE: when my clients can’t get ahold of me they call my husband. He is on LTE, and with public as well. Why can Cici cards get through to him and not me? 

@Charley1  I think the question is , do you have incoming calls issues for those not using Cici card?

those calls NOT come at all or sometimes they come ?

how about swap the device with your husband for a day or two and test it out.  As people to call both of you to test

and on your device, make sure you didn't block the cici card incoming number (a test by swapping your phone with your husband's can confirm if there  is a block on the device)

Charley1

UPDATE: when my clients can’t get ahold of me they call my husband. He is on LTE, and with public as well. Why can Cici cards get through to him and not me? 

Charley1

Yes it was on LTE. When I switched to 3G just now, it gave me full bars 

@Charley1 

with iPhone 13, you should be using VoLTE, not sure why not

Test it could for couple days and see if 3G is helping

Charley1

Ok I switched to 3G and immediately jumped to full bars from 1 bar. All my clients who use CC cards are saying they can’t get through. I’ll see if they can now, thanks for the suggestion. I just don’t understand why it wouldn’t come through? I have a brand new iPhone 13 

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@Charley1 wrote:

Anyone who tries to call my number with a Cici calling card, they cannot get ahold of me. Half of my clients use these cards. I’m going to have to cancel public and find a different provider. Can anyone verify why public is blocking calls from cici calling cards? (We’ve tested it multiple times and the call will not go through.) 

Make sure your clients call you phone number's format is 1+ area code + your phone number.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Charley1 

never heard of issue like that.  I wonder if you got a general incoming calls issues

what kind of phone do you have? brand and model?

where you are at? province and city?

you have another phone to test incoming calls?

or try changing your network type to 3G Only (WCDMA only) and see if it helps.  Test for couple days with 3G settings

Need Help? Let's chat.