cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call forwarding, text forwarding

publicsteve1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've set up a Fongo Canadian phone number, with the intention of forwarding to this number when I am outside the country, which, together with an e-sim, should allow me to get my calls and voice mails while away, and to call numbers back in Canada. Curiosity question - do I have to turn forwarding on at my phone before leaving Canada? If I were outside the country, not connected to the Public Mobile system, would switching call forwarding on at that time work?

Also, is there any similar forwarding possible for text messages, like those ones you get from your bank to authorize your login?

1 REPLY 1

@publicsteve1 wrote:

I've set up a Fongo Canadian phone number, with the intention of forwarding to this number when I am outside the country, which, together with an e-sim, should allow me to get my calls and voice mails while away, and to call numbers back in Canada. Curiosity question - do I have to turn forwarding on at my phone before leaving Canada? If I were outside the country, not connected to the Public Mobile system, would switching call forwarding on at that time work?

Also, is there any similar forwarding possible for text messages, like those ones you get from your bank to authorize your login?

Call forwarding setup will need to be done while you're connected to the Public Mobile network. Customer service will not change these setttings for you and there isn't any way to reset or change these settings from within Self Serve.  In addition to this, if there is any system glitch that causes the call forwarding settings to get reset, you wouldn't be able to change the settings back to the way that you prefer unless you had someone else do it for you (that is,  switching your account to a new Public Mobile SIM card and having a friend back in Canada change the settings for you). 

Unfortunately, SMS text messages cannot be forwarded using any service that Public Mobile provides.  While there are apps that will do this for you, it depends on the text messages being received in the regular manner and then it sends it via the internet to where you want it after the fact.  That would require your phone to be connected to the Public Mobile network.

Need Help? Let's chat.