cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call cannot be completed, Error 8B1

robb21
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, I am a Public mobile user, so is my friend. But from Yesterday, I cannot call her, and an automated message is playing, "Your call cannot be completed as dialed, please check the number and dial again, 8B1". After that, the call is automatically disconnected while showing the error in android phone, "Invalid number format (incomplete number)". I have put +1 before the 10 digit number, and also w/o it. It makes no difference. When she is calling me, I am getting the call and she can call others as well and I call other other numbers w/o problem. Any idea what's happening here?

12 REPLIES 12

@heranelstead 

you have the same problem with any number you called? or just one paricular one?

couple thing to test

Reseat the sim card with a reboot.  Turn off the phone, take the sim out for a minute. Then put it back and power up

If issues persists, try to click Reset All networks (Please note this will also delete the saved Wifi and Bluetooth connections, but you can easily add them back after)

If that does not help, and if you have another phone around, move your PM sim card to the other phone.  This is force a sim card reprovision and it could resolve your issue

heranelstead
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Did you ever figure this out? I am having the same issue.

@robb21 

glad you got it going. That was going to be all of our next suggestions ! 😎

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@robb21 

Seems you tried everything so the next step is to contact a CS_Agent to investigate.Submit a Ticket on SIMon Chatbot or private message.

robb21

@All, I removed the SIM and re-inserted it multiple times, seems like it worked now lol

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@robb21 

Do you have access to another device to try the PM SIM card in?

robb21

@hairbag1 I made the call while away from home, now drove 10 kms to my home, same issue. Changed phones (andriod- andriod) same error.

@robb21 

it could be a local issue with Telus network in your area.

If possible, jump in your car and try the call from a different location.

Alternative...try making that call using your PM sim in a different phone.

robb21

@hairbag1 nope, same error

robb21

@will13am Nope, same error

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@robb21 

that would be frustrating, fer shur.

Try deleting her number from your contacts list...then re-enter using the 1 before the number.

It's a longshot.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@robb21 , try changing the preferred network type to 3G, see if that helps.

Need Help? Let's chat.