cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buy SIM + Plan from abroad

PAR
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

How can I buy a SIM + "build your own plan" from abroad.

We will visit BC this fall and want to have SIM & plan up and running when we arrive Vancouver

9 REPLIES 9

@Travels wrote:

Do I understand correctly that I can also buy the data plan in the Walmart store, cash? I thought online only. Thank you! 

Yes, that's correct.  As well, sim cards and service can also be set up at K Mobile or Wow Mobile locations.

Travels

Do I understand correctly that I can also buy the data plan in the Walmart store, cash? I thought online only. Thank you! 

@Travels wrote:

Does this mean that I cannot pay online with my European/Dutch Mastercard credit card to get a SIM Data Plan? How can I pay then? #confused

That's correct as that won't work.  If you don't know anyone who can purchase a payment voucher for you or purchase a prepaid credit card/gift card for you, you'll have to wait until you get to Canada to purcahse the sim card and service.

If time allows, you could get a friend to also mail a sim card to you.  But if there isn't enough time to do that, you might as well just do all of it when you arrive.

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You may be able to pay with a pre-paid Visa/MasterCard. Someone would need to buy it for you and give you the number as it would need to be a Cdn issued card

Travels

Does this mean that I cannot pay online with my European/Dutch Mastercard credit card to get a SIM Data Plan? How can I pay then? #confused

@PARwrote:

Someone mentioned Walmart, but is there i list of retailers in Vancouver city, from where I can pick a store which might be closer and more convinient to find from where I will stay?

Walmart, Wow Mobile, and K Mobile are the authorized retailers where you cam purcahse a Public Mobile sim card. 

PAR

Thks for your advice.

It seems I have to buy the SIM first when we arr. Vancouver.  before I can activate and set  up a suitable plan

Someone mentioned Walmart, but is there i list of retailers in Vancouver city, from where I can pick a store which might be closer and more convinient to find from where I will stay?

Pls advice

@PARwrote:

Hi,

How can I buy a SIM + "build your own plan" from abroad.

We will visit BC this fall and want to have SIM & plan up and running when we arrive Vancouver

This won't help you with having things set up ahead of time, but soon after arrival, you could head to a store such as Walmart who sells Public Mobile sim cards. They should be able to set you up.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

@PAR, thank you for your interest in Public Mobile. Actually you need to get the SIM Card physically in order to activate it as you need the SIM Card#. So if you know someone in Vancouver, then they may get the SIM Card for you and provide you with the information and you can activated your account online. However, please be aware that international credit cards are not accepted. Hopefully this answers your question. For further assistance, please do fee free to send us a private message .  Thank you! 

Need Help? Let's chat.