cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build Your Own Plan - Whats Included by Default

linkrink
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I am just looking for very basic thing (like Voicemail, call-forwarding and/or incoming calls) to maintain my number, as my secondary number.

When I use the option "Build Your Own Plan", and select "No Talk", "No Text", & "No Data", I do not get to know whats then included in the plan by default. Can you please help me understand this plan. 

thanks

9 REPLIES 9

@linkrinkwrote:

Thanks for your comments.

BTW, when we select no text, no data & no talk, it still shows $25 for 90days, which I am okay with but wanted to know it it has "voicemail", so I can have my number active, as an alternative to paking number with other service provider for $6.

Be considerate before making fun.

Its a number I wont be using at all, just want to maintain it for any future use/activation. have already paid $80pm to Rogers for years for this 🙂

We are not making fun. All of us try to tell you that a 0 talk / 0 text / 0 data plan does NOT exist at Public Mobile. Public Mobile does not have a pay-as-you go option.

Consider the $25 the base fee, you still need to choose a talk option or a text option or a data option (or, if you are using it, any combination of the three that fits your needs) to have an active plan you can port your number to.

Plus once you have an account with a plan you can only let it expire and be inactive for 90days.

So even if you are just parking your number you'd be paying more than $60 a year (because, roughly, 30+90+30+90+30+90 is less than a full year, you'll have a 4th renewal in there...) Also, if you choose a voice plan - the only option that will give you access to voice mail - the voice mail will also be inactive if your account is suspended.

Haven't checked fongo's terms and conditions recently, but I have read about port-in fees and difficulties porting back out with them in the past. So, while I can't speak from own experience of parking a number at a voip provider, any limitiations and fees around porting are something to look into carefully before you park your number with any voip provider.

I had parked a number at SpeakOut a while back, their $25 top-up lasts a full year, minus the 12* $1.25 = $15 "911 fee" per year gives you $10 payg balance. Not sure if any number would be worth "$80pm ... for years" to me.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@linkrink, You must select something in order to have an actual plan.  You can't select nothing and pay 25 / 90 days.  There will be no plan, no number, no voicemail/message.

I think the best you can do is $60 / 90 days minus $6/90 days for auto pay.

linkrink

Thanks for your reply, but when we go to "make your own plan", it accepts all 3 options "no-talk", "no-text", & "no-data". Why so? thats why I thought of it better than just paying just parking my number.

I wont be using it. Just wanted to reserve this number and leave a voice message to let future callers know that I have move to a new number whis is.........

thats it.

linkrink

Thanks for your comments.

BTW, when we select no text, no data & no talk, it still shows $25 for 90days, which I am okay with but wanted to know it it has "voicemail", so I can have my number active, as an alternative to paking number with other service provider for $6.

Be considerate before making fun.

Its a number I wont be using at all, just want to maintain it for any future use/activation. have already paid $80pm to Rogers for years for this 🙂

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Ludditewrote:

You want even cheaper? Robot LOL

Try @kav2001c's idea with service from https://www.fongo.com. It's free! Robot wink

@Luddite there are no such things free lunch,even connecting through WIFI you have to pay 😃

You want even cheaper? Robot LOL

Try @kav2001c's idea with service from https://www.fongo.com. It's free! Robot wink

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

@linkrink if you are simply "holding" an old number active

Select a talk only plan (no data, no txt)

Activate call forwarding and send any incoming calls to your primary phone number

Now even if you leave SIM in a drawer etc you will not miss any calls

Call forwarding is included with all Public plans

And no need for a second voice mail; simply use your other phones voice mail system

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@linkrink, there is no such thing as a plan with no features.  You have to select at least one plan feature, at least one of talk, text, data.  If your intent is on finding a parking spot for your number, this service doesn't offer that capability.  I am not sure what service would.  How can you have a plan with nothing?

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Voicemail & call forwarding are included in all calling plans.

All plans must include at least one of calling, texting, or data.

What else can we help you understand?

What services do you want on this secondary phone? How often will you use each service?

If it's truly just a standby phone for dire emergencies, there are likely more cost effective providers.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.