cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand new customer with 2 payment day dates

ffodemes
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I activated 25$ plan on Dec 27th .  I see in my Account the following statement:  "Payment Due Date (One-Time Payment): Jan 26, 2020"

I also see in my Transaction Summary both a credit and debit of $25.  All is fine.

What confuses me to some degree is the text I received from 611 (PM) stating that a payment is due on Jan 01.  ("but ignore if you're on AutoPay").

Why are there 2 payment due dates?   I haven't bought any add-ons or changed anything?

thanks 

7 REPLIES 7

Tweetynumair
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Mimi33 wrote:

Thanks, I understand my payment date shows on my account, however being with PM for two weeks, receiving a text changing payment date would make me question what is correct.  I would not just assume I was to ignore a new providers text, especially when I see that I paid $10 for my $35 plan based on the cut and paste I added to my first post. I wanted to know why the accounting shows what it does. 

You paid $35 in total for your plan, they break down the charges for the different parts of the plan.  All monthly plans are charged $10 for the month (I assume the grandfathered 3 month plans are charged $30) and $25 for the data/talk/text part of your plan.

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ffodemes This is the second time I've heard of or seen this issue from Public Mobile that I can remember in the last 2.5 years.  Only refer to your My Account dates, that's the official and correct date that your payment will be withdrawn, no other date.  Just ignore the text advising a Jan 1 date.

Mimi33
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thanks, I understand my payment date shows on my account, however being with PM for two weeks, receiving a text changing payment date would make me question what is correct.  I would not just assume I was to ignore a new providers text, especially when I see that I paid $10 for my $35 plan based on the cut and paste I added to my first post. I wanted to know why the accounting shows what it does. 

@Mimi33 wrote:

I also received a text stating my payment date is Jan 1st. .  Did PM put out a statement to advise that those that received text should ignore it if it is different from original due date, or do I just go with the community advising me to ignore the text? I wrote to mod team over 24 hours ago asking why my payment date changed to Jan 1st. I also asked for an explaination of the accounting (thinking perhaps this was why I had the payment date changed). I guess I will ask the community. I am really not impressed with the  lack of response (what I feel are moderator issues) and I am ending my second week with PM, Looks like my plan is $10 and I also purchased 1.5 BG of data.  I sure don't need more data for this month.  Looks weird to me!

Dec 18, 20191.5 GB at 3G Speed/ 1.5 Go à la vitesse 3G $25.00$0.00
Dec 18, 201930-day plan/Forfait de 30 jours $10.00$25.00
Dec 18, 2019Credit/Visa Debit TopUp-Réapprov crédit/Visa Débit$35.00 $35.00

Text was sent in error to many people... always check your self serve account for your payment due date..you can also call 611 via your cell phone.

As for moderators response. It could take up to 48 hours .

Mimi33
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I also received a text stating my payment date is Jan 1st. .  Did PM put out a statement to advise that those that received text should ignore it if it is different from original due date, or do I just go with the community advising me to ignore the text? I wrote to mod team over 24 hours ago asking why my payment date changed to Jan 1st. I also asked for an explaination of the accounting (thinking perhaps this was why I had the payment date changed). I guess I will ask the community. I am really not impressed with the  lack of response (what I feel are moderator issues) and I am ending my second week with PM, Looks like my plan is $10 and I also purchased 1.5 BG of data.  I sure don't need more data for this month.  Looks weird to me!

Dec 18, 20191.5 GB at 3G Speed/ 1.5 Go à la vitesse 3G $25.00$0.00
Dec 18, 201930-day plan/Forfait de 30 jours $10.00$25.00
Dec 18, 2019Credit/Visa Debit TopUp-Réapprov crédit/Visa Débit$35.00 $35.00

It was sent in error to many people. Always check your self serve account for the payment due date or you call also call 611 from your cell phone.

Welcome to Public Mobile!

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

@ffodemes Common issue yesterday and today. Check http://selfserve.publicmobile.ca and see that your renewal date is still the correct date, and you can ignore this message.

Need Help? Let's chat.