cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing Issue

bashirtariq2001
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

Unfortuntaely, I do not get answer of messages which I send to private message. Now I have one additionl problem my card has been charged $29.90 in Febryary, March and April bill. While in the account it is showing up that top up amount is $26 in each month. While $29.90 has been chraged in February, March 03, 2019 and April 01, 2019.Top up is showing up $26 in all months.

I was required to change Simcard two times as it was not working in any cell phone. These $20 loss is on my pocket. There should be no charge of changing the simcard if it is not working in any phone. Before that both simcards were working. When we ask to agent in the store they answer that we have no contact. They do not call  just advice to change the simacrd. 

I have my wife phone if I send messages to my wife it goes to my daughter's simcard. 

14 REPLIES 14

How taxes are charged (or not) depend on how the payment is mad, the phone number, and the physical location.

Normal payment by Credit/debit via Self-Serve. The area code of the phone number.

Norma payment by Voucher obtained by Credit/debit/Cash at brick & mortar location, taxes as applicable in that Province.

Online voucher purchase by Credit/debit based on fees/taxes of the specific site.  Recharge has recently changed, however, I no longer know what the values are.

If you're in a high tax Province, have a family member in AB purchase you a voucher in AB, have them send you or call the PIN, and you pay them for the voucher via email transfer, to get the best rate.

Or simply move to AB and have an AB area code.  Never move. 😉

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sunflowershine wrote:

You can also double check with your account's profile to see if the Province correctly set up in AB. 

The experts have weighed in with the consensus being that the address doesn't come into it. I mused about the same possibility. I was roundly corrected 🙂

Hey experts...what about cc address? That's where the money is. Why would one have a bill sent to some province in the maritimes is beyond me but maybe.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@bashirtariq2001 wrote:
For sim-card issue only messages goes to my daughter number not the calls. I can call my wife number  but cannot send messages. Messages go to only one sim-card and that is of my daughter. 

These numbers are from Alberta and in Alberta GST is 5% only not 15 %. GST is provincial tax only not federal. So amount after tax is $27.3 not $29.9

Did I explain question?

@bashirtariq2001 For the calling problem: Is it possible that your daughter's phone has call forward to your wife's? Because text message can't forward to different number. You can also double check with your account's profile to see if the Province correctly set up in AB. 

@srlawren wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It might be that the system only cares about the phone number but it might also think about the address. If the number and address are AB then I should think that would be the only taxes. It was a perfectly good calculation to deduce but there you are.

@Anonymous the community has enquired about how they determine the province for billing (and for province-wide "home province" determination), and have been told it is based only and completely on area code.  @Luddite  do you happen to remember that discussion?  I'm 99.9% sure I'm remembering the final answer right but want a second opinion 🙂

I probably wasn't around for that original discussion but I would think it is based on area code.  With not having to actually supply a correct address this seems like the only way to do it.  Or I would make my address an Albertan address!!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@srlawren wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It might be that the system only cares about the phone number but it might also think about the address. If the number and address are AB then I should think that would be the only taxes. It was a perfectly good calculation to deduce but there you are.

@Anonymous the community has enquired about how they determine the province for billing (and for province-wide "home province" determination), and have been told it is based only and completely on area code.  @Luddite  do you happen to remember that discussion?  I'm 99.9% sure I'm remembering the final answer right but want a second opinion 🙂

The city/province of the phone number should be the only determining factor.  Address shouldn't play any role in determining the sales tax rate.

Metal1967

@bashirtariq2001 

30 dollar plan- 2$ referral credits+ 5% tax=29.40$...asclose to an explanation i could see..one for the mod team I guess...

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous wrote:

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bashirtariq2001 wrote:
For sim-card issue only messages goes to my daughter number not the calls. I can call my wife number  but cannot send messages. Messages go to only one sim-card and that is of my daughter. 

These numbers are from Alberta and in Alberta GST is 5% only not 15 %. GST is provincial tax only not federal. So amount after tax is $27.3 not $29.9

Did I explain question?

Yeah those charges are interesting. It might be that the system only cares about the phone number but it might also think about the address. If the number and address are AB then I should think that would be the only taxes. It was a perfectly good calculation to deduce but there you are.

@bashirtariq2001 wrote:

Did I explain question?

It's the other way around. GST is federal.  PST is provincial.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@bashirtariq2001 wrote:

Did I explain question?

@bashirtariq2001 yes.  You are going to need to reach out to the moderator team for assistance.  You can do so by communicating with them over private message.  You can learn how to do that here:  How to Get Help

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Dunkgirl

@bashirtariq2001 wrote:

Did I explain question?

@bashirtariq2001  Check to make sure the contact's in your address book are correct then delete both conversations in your messaging app and clear the cache and data from the app. If is still happening there might be some issue I have never heard of and would suggest sending a message to the mod team (again, if its been more than 48 hours)  Click this to message them.

For the billing taxes being incorrectly calculated please also contact the moderator team in the same message about your text message issue once you have verified it is not a phone issue.

bashirtariq2001
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Did I explain question?

Dunkgirl

@bashirtariq2001 wrote:

Hello,

Unfortuntaely, I do not get answer of messages which I send to private message. Now I have one additionl problem my card has been charged $29.90 in Febryary, March and April bill. While in the account it is showing up that top up amount is $26 in each month. While $29.90 has been chraged in February, March 03, 2019 and April 01, 2019.Top up is showing up $26 in all months.

I was required to change Simcard two times as it was not working in any cell phone. These $20 loss is on my pocket. There should be no charge of changing the simcard if it is not working in any phone. Before that both simcards were working. When we ask to agent in the store they answer that we have no contact. They do not call  just advice to change the simacrd. 

I have my wife phone if I send messages to my wife it goes to my daughter's simcard. 

@bashirtariq2001It sounds like you switched around your sim cards by mistake, easy solution to reverse them again. For your billing issues you must be in a tax province that has 15% tax. $26 x 1.15 = 29.90

Metal1967

@bashirtariq2001 

Plans are plus taxes...if you send a messageto your wifes phone andyour daughter receives it yo must have mixed up the sim cards...

Need Help? Let's chat.