cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Becoming frustrated

smartybrah
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So my data needs were cut off due to my "apparent" complete consumption. Apparent because I've posted about this before where my iphone is telling me ive only used 10.5gb of data and i have the 12gb option.

Anyways, last night in downtown Toronto, as a force of habit I opened instagram 

and the page loaded, I opned safari and googled something, lo and behold I had internet connection again, I was not on wifi. Also my cycle does not renew until the 21st of november. Then just this morning,  I tested my connection again by googling something on safari and now im getting that painstakingly annoying message to buy an addon to use the internet  again. WTH is going on?!?!

I love this provider and all the benefits, and rewards they offer, but, its beginning to really frustrate me when I feel like im getting swindled on what was agreed upon.

I've already contacted a mod (@Shazia_K) about my first issue and i understand this whole promo thing is happening, but come on, its been more than a week and still no response? 

I dont know if this is just an isolated incident because I've been trying to find other topics experiencing the same issue but with no luck.

The first discussion of my issue.

10 REPLIES 10

carryjones23

i have the same EXACT issue as OP but the funny thing is that ive asked PM to put the data usage overview back on to my main log in page and i dont know what PM is doing but they keep locking me out of my account. TWICE!!! now once again, i am accountless. 

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@smartybrah wrote:

Nope, and im not going to count those 100s of pages on this usage tab lol.

If you click on that orange title "Data Usage" or "Usage Type" twice, it will sort the whole column and show data first. This way you can easily check without browsing page by page.

smartybrah
@hummuschips Turned it off after a week since I switched

smartybrah

I've done all the already, used different devices, went on different browsers cleared everything. Nothing. I feel like i need help from a mod at this point but still, nothing. i dont know how else to explain my problem when everythings been written.

hummuschips
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

In settings -> cellular. Scroll to the bottom and check if wifi assist is turned on. I suggest you turn it off if it's on. 

@smartybrah Not there. 

The total counter is at the bottom on your main Overview page you get on right after you login. Its under that My addon. I am not sure why its not showing up for you. Clear your browsers cache and cookies or try in another browser. 

smartybrah

Nope, and im not going to count those 100s of pages on this usage tab lol.nope.pngnope2.png

@smartybrah wrote:

The little data usage counter isnt there anymore.

Its showing up for me. Try it in another browser or in private/incognito mode. 

smartybrah

The little data usage counter isnt there anymore.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

What's the usage at in your self-serve account?

Need Help? Let's chat.