cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avoid deactivation

Fahmida1003
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hii, 

I am doctorate student of University of Saskatchewan. I travelled frequently. I will travel on next week and will be back mid February. Last last when I traveled for long time , my sim was deactivated, and I purchased the new sim. 
Could you please don’t deactivate my sim. Because I don’t like to change my number frequently. I will be really great if you accept my request. 

5 REPLIES 5

@Gloriagates  same problem as in you have to suspend you account for couple months?

yes, with situation like this, you have to manage the Pre-Authorized payments yourself to disable and enable (or pay manually) on the correct day to avoid deactivation

If you have any problem, share it here and we can help

Gloriagates
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I also have this problem, leaving a message to support didn't help.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

You can suspend your account for a maximum of 90 days without losing your number. After 90 days, your number will be gone and your account will be permanently closed.

- Downgrade your Plan to cheapest $15 Plan.

- Make sure your account has no more funds in the Available Funds

- Disable Autopay. Your account will be suspended on next renewal due to no pay.

- Log in around 88th day and pay for the next 30 days. Remember to log in as after 90 days of no pay account will be deleted.

You can also click Lost/Stolen button to suspend the account right away and the 90 days counter will also start immediately.

If you plan to be absent longer than 90 days then do not remove credit card from the file, log in around 85-88th day and renew your service manually for following month. Then again you have a window of 90 days. Good idea is to lower your Plan to $15 Plan. Be aware your loyalty rewards counter will be delayed if you suspend service for more than 60 days.

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Fahmida1003  Today is October 19. Follow the above instructions from @softech . All will be good .. easy instructions for a doctorate student..😁

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Fahmida1003  So, you got a number now, you are travelling again and just worry your account will be closed and your number will be gone?

If you don't pay your account, your service will be suspended and 90 more days, your account will be closed.  if you want to avoid that, then come back on the 85th day or so and activate on the cheapest plan , like $15, for 30 days. You can keep doing this 85 days - 30 days thing until you are back and need the full service

But if you plan to leave a lot longer than that, like a full year or more, you might want to port your number out to some free VoIP provider like Fongo.  You can port the number back to a mobile carrier when you are back.   Of course, you will then need a new sim card to activate a new account

Need Help? Let's chat.