cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoPay And Add On Questions

HereYouFixIt
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello can you guys please answer some questions for me: 

1. I registered for Auto Pay on the 15$ Plan plus 500 Canada-wide minutes (so an additional 5$ add on) - the 2$ Autopay Reward which should make my bill 18$ a month but I am looking at my profile and it says I owe 15$ instead of 15$-2$. Why is this? 

2.Can auto pay take my bank account into overdraft?

3 REPLIES 3

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@HereYouFixIt wrote:

1. I registered for Auto Pay on the 15$ Plan plus 500 Canada-wide minutes (so an additional 5$ add on) - the 2$ Autopay Reward which should make my bill 18$ a month but I am looking at my profile and it says I owe 15$ instead of 15$-2$. Why is this? 

@HereYouFixIt  The $2 AutoPay reward will get applied during your next renewal. So it will be $15 - $2 - $2 = $11

@HereYouFixIt  Best to add the necessary funds to your account 2 days before renewal via selfserve by making a onetime payment with your card on file. Please note that you will still be entitled to the AutoPay reward since AutoPay is enabled on your account. This strategy is recommended because if there are any issues with you card you will have a couple of days to react/correct to avoid account suspension 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@HereYouFixIt wrote:

1.  The $5 add-on minutes does not expire.  Unused minutes will be roll-over to next cycle. Add-on does not renew.  You need to purchase another one after all 500 minutes are used.  Therefore, on your renewal date, you will be charged $15 - $2 autopay = $13.  

When is your next renewal date?  The $2 autopay will be credited to your account before taking $13 from your autpay credit or debit card.

2.  Bank overdraft has nothing to do with PM.  If your bank account do not have $13 when PM withdraw fund, your bank account will be in overdraft.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire
@HereYouFixIt
1. The autopay reward is only applied during the renewal cycle. The rest of the month it is a separate line item.
2. If you use a debit card without enough balance, you will go to negative balance and depending on how your bank account is setup can end up with overdraft. There are a lot of variables that lies with your relationship with your bank.
Need Help? Let's chat.