cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto pay

dgage
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've been a user now for over two year and have had excellent service until today. A couple of day ago I got a test message saying my payment was due on Aug 2 but if you are on auto pay you can ignore this message. I am on auto pay and have never had a problem. Today ( Aug 2)  I get a text message say my payment ddin't go through and my service was cut off immediately. As I was out in the middle of knowhere at the time I couldn't even use a wireless signal to check out why. Now, when I got home I did figure out the problem..My debit card had  expired. I went online and renewed it and everything was fine again.. But!! Its still August the 2nd as I write this. Its Aug 2nd until midnight. There is no way your service should be cut off untill the end of the billing day! Plus it would of been nice to get a heads up that the debit card was about to expire. I almost had my wife convinced to try PM until this happened. Now she says "No way"

8 REPLIES 8

a1_gaurav

Thanks, The auto pay worked fine today with the debit card details. will put a separate thread for credit card issue

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@dgage wrote:

I've been a user now for over two year and have had excellent service until today. A couple of day ago I got a test message saying my payment was due on Aug 2 but if you are on auto pay you can ignore this message. I am on auto pay and have never had a problem. Today ( Aug 2)  I get a text message say my payment ddin't go through and my service was cut off immediately. As I was out in the middle of knowhere at the time I couldn't even use a wireless signal to check out why. Now, when I got home I did figure out the problem..My debit card had  expired. I went online and renewed it and everything was fine again.. But!! Its still August the 2nd as I write this. Its Aug 2nd until midnight. There is no way your service should be cut off untill the end of the billing day! Plus it would of been nice to get a heads up that the debit card was about to expire. I almost had my wife convinced to try PM until this happened. Now she says "No way"

Remember that with PM being a Prepaid provider, August 2nd would be the start of a new cycle.  So your old cycle would have ended at the end of day Aug 1.  So if your payment failed because of an out of date card yes your service would then be cut off immediately.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@a1_gaurav

You will likely get faster responses if you start your own thread.

Assuming that your credit card is active and no issues, you can try a few things to link your credit card:  using a different browser, or incognito mode, leaving apartment number section blank in address, clearing cache, making sure name and address is same as credit card.

Generally, before any payment due date, the money will come first out of any remaining credit and if needed, it will use your autopay afterwards.  So, it won't deduct both.  

If still having issues, may need to contact moderator.  

Here is instructions to contact moderator:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-How-to-Contact-our-Community-M...

Or just send a private message through the following link :
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Community Moderators are available from Monday to Friday 9am (EDT) to 9pm (EDT) and Saturday, and Sunday from 9am (EDT) to 7:30pm (EDT)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Some banks don't want you making online purchases with your card. Have you used this particular card to make other online purchases elsewhere?

a1_gaurav

Hi PM Community, 

I am facing a problem setting up auto top up in my account using my credit card. Its saying that the setup is denied by the bank. I am using CIBC card. When I try using debit card it works but its not setting up with credit card. 

Please help / advise. 

Also in case I fund the account while keeping the auto top up on, does that works, I mean I hope it doesnt deduct money from my auto top up account also ? Do we get the auto top up benefit incase we fund the account from before ?

Thanks !

Anonymous
Not applicable

This MIGHT be related to the autopay problems currently. Of course with the lack of communication we don't know if this has been fixed.

Others have already said what you need to do.

Effort
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

There is currently an ongoing issue regarding auto-renewals not occuring. The best we can suggest is to private message @CS_Agent with your name, address, phone number, pin, email and a short description of your problem.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@dgage Sorry about your troubles think of auto pay as a method for public mobile to charge you IF your account does not have sufficient balance. If you have sufficient balance it does not need to autopay, but auto pay is still configured so you get the reward. I actually suggest everyone pays manually in advance just to prevent account suspension.

I suggest contacting a moderator as only a moderator will be able to access your specific account information and get you set back up. Click this to send them a message

I know it can be a little frustrating to wait but send a message to the moderator team and include your name, account number and/or phone number and pin number and they will get back to you asoon as they can between Monday-Friday 9am-9pm (EDT) and Satuday-Sunday 9AM-7:30PM (EDT)

For more information about contacting a moderator Click Here

Need Help? Let's chat.