cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto pay not worth it

justinbrochu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If for a 1 time payment I pay the amount plus $1 ,that would be $41. Yet with my auto pay discount of $2 minus another $2  for being a long time customer I am paying $40.32 . Am I missing something  ?

10 REPLIES 10

@HALIMACS wrote:

@justinbrochu wrote:

If for a 1 time payment I pay the amount plus $1 ,that would be $41. Yet with my auto pay discount of $2 minus another $2  for being a long time customer I am paying $40.32 . Am I missing something  ?

Yes you are, @justinbrochu 

If you choose NOT TO PAY using auto-pay, your missing the $2.00/cycle reward that everyone else is getting.

Here's the best part, you need only register a Canadian credit or Visa Debit payment card (heck, it doesn't even have to be active), and you can still manually load your available balance with whatever payment form you wish from other sources.

...  and you'll still get the auto-pay discount.

The card needs to be active. A deactivated card won't register. At least, in my case.

Zyl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@justinbrochu wrote:

You are supposed to get $2 off the price of your plan before tax for Autopay.  For example, if your plan's base cost is $40, signing up for autopay will deduct $2 off that and your base cost becomes $38 before taxes are added onto it to arrive at the final charge to be debited from your payment method. 

Hope it helps.  Imo it's totally worth it.  Without Autopay you would have to pay $40 plus tax, now you are paying $38 plus tax.  And taxes based on $38 is actually even less than what is based on $40, so you are actually even saving taxes by signing up on Autopay.  Every single $ saved is every single $ earned.  🙂   Plus not to mention that you also get bonus data that you otherwise wouldn't when you sign up for Autopay.  Even when you think you don't need data, extra data will come in really handy when you are stuck in a place without wifi and you really need to check something or send a quick wechat or whatsapp message.  So you are paying less and getting more with Autopay. 

@justinbrochu 

Yes you are missing something… the taxes that you would pay with or without Autopay. And you get the loyalty rewards and other available rewards either way. So the bottom line is that Autopay saves you $2 plus the applicable taxes in your province. 

What is the $1 you mention? A service charge to purchase a voucher to top up? If so a $40 voucher will be $41 PLUS TAX.

AE_Collector

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@justinbrochu wrote:

Yes you are, @justinbrochu 

If you choose NOT TO PAY using auto-pay, your missing the $2.00/cycle reward that everyone else is getting.

Here's the best part, you need only register a Canadian credit or Visa Debit payment card (heck, it doesn't even have to be active), and you can still manually load your available balance with whatever payment form you wish from other sources.

...  and you'll still get the auto-pay discount.

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

In payment history under 'my account' you can see how much is your plan and how many rewards dollars you have got applied to your account. 

The total your card has been charged is plan renewal amount plus applicable taxes.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@justinbrochu 

anyway you have to pay for your service then why not to save a $2 for each 30 day, and safe and secure 100%.

The Autopay Reward - Public Mobile

marie_abraham
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I think it's worth it to save $2 monthly,

Check your plan under Plan and Add-Ons tab,

You will get clear view of the payment details.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@justinbrochu : 12% tax on  $36 in BC.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@justinbrochu wrote:

@justinbrochu  - you need to pay taxes. So is that $36 plus taxes?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@justinbrochu wrote:

@justinbrochu   You might have paid $41 for your $40 plan, but if you have Autopay enabled, PM will still charge you only $38.  The other $3 will be sitting in your account for use next renewal.  

You can in fact keep your Autopay enabled to take advantage of the $2 , and if you like you can pay ahead (pay $38)  before the renewal day if you don't trust the Autopayment

[update: sorry, I thought you  have paid $41, yes, $40.32 was because of the tax as said in the posts below]

Need Help? Let's chat.