cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto pay Works!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I have yet another account that went through renewal successfully via auto pay.  This one was a real test of the systems as there have been feedback that the payment system doesn't like seeing more than two accounts being paid with the same credit card.  I will not deny that the system can be rather finicky when applying the same credit card to a third account.  However, once established, it will work fine with auto pay.  Either color me lucky or myth busted!

Because so many people get tripped up with account showing suspended during the renewal process, I decided this time to take a peek into the account to see first hand the various phases of renewal, but take no manual intervention regardless of what I see.  On the late evening of the renewal day, the account shows suspended.  On the morning after, the account remains suspended but a reactivation box appears on the main page.  In the payment tab, the rewards are shown as converted to funds in the account and the money is taken from the credit card for the remaining charges.  The weird thing is there is a huge pause in the system in which the available funds are not immediately applied to paying the bill.  A few hours later, the payment is finally applied and the account returns to active status.  

Having seen what the account goes through during the renewal process, I can appreciate why those who are anxious will try to intervene.  It really doesn't help when system takes several hours to go through the process of taking money from the credit card and actually applying the payment.  The reactivation box is like a baited mouse trap.

To summarize, customers renewing should do as I have been saying all along.  Don't bother looking in the account if auto pay is set up; there is nothing useful to see there.  Just let the system do its thing.  Only take action if the service is actually suspended. 

6 REPLIES 6

Chaos_Scorpio
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

mine renewed on a weekend 2 weekends ago, forgot to look to see the status ... no issues for my autopay. 

I will agree patience is a lost virtue.

ShadowWarrior
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I really didn't work for me, after contacting the bank it seems that the issue has to do with Visa debit type cards. My bank confirmed to me that they are not receiving any notification of attempt or decline when the card is used. 

Right now I woke up this morning to finding out that I lost all my rewards. So far so good!

I did this when my plan renewed 2.5 weeks ago and followed it through the process and no issues to report.  THe system does the payment weird and all but it does work.  Glad to see a 3rd account on the same credit card has gone through now and we know more then 2 can be on a single card

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

During my renewal i took he hands off approach and crossed my fingers!  Seemed to work and the outcome was great!

BUt i can definitely see how the whole proces can be confusing o some.

@xCameron94x wrote:

I didnt bother signing in yesterday because it was my payment date. I did receive a text saying my rewards were applied and my payment went through! Auto pay works, everyone just needs paitinece 

I do practice what I preach; I have not gone into any of my other accounts on payment day just to be sure I don't interfere with anything.  This being the third account with the same credit card, I thought it would be worthwhile just to watch the proceedings.  I did learn something in the process.  Now that I have seen the system in action, I will not follow it anymore.  Once again every, please avoid going into the account during payment time if auto pay is enabled.  If you are absolutely curious and do login to the account, look but don't touch.

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire

I didnt bother signing in yesterday because it was my payment date. I did receive a text saying my rewards were applied and my payment went through! Auto pay works, everyone just needs paitinece 

Need Help? Let's chat.