cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps

amandawert59
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
  • I just got a job that i require data for however when i hsut my wifi off the app wont work. I have done everything the app says to get it to work. They say the nect thing is that my service provider may block it how can i check this or talk to someone about it.
8 REPLIES 8

Rainz101
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, is ur mobile data turned on in your phone. It also could be you have ur data saver turned on which won't allow some apps to be used while this is on. You could change these both in your settings mode under connections and manually pick what apps you want to have full access to while using your mobile data. If you have any more questions feel free to ask. Thanks

@esjliv  your APN setting instructions are incorrect. You say to leave all other fields blank. So what about APN type, APN protocol, MNVO type, etc?

EDIT - Disregard esjliv PC geek confirmed on other thread that what you posted is from PM site. My apologies!

@amandawert59  when you turn your wifi off and turn your mobile data on. Can you use the internet to like search stuff? Can you send MMS picture text messages?

If not you don't have to correct APN settings on your phone. You will have to add a new apn.

Found these instructions on Google for an S5 I hope they are right for your phone (might not be). To get to your APN settings.

Let us know

From any Home screen, tap Apps.

Tap Settings.

Scroll to 'NETWORK CONNECTIONS,' then tap More networks.

Tap Mobile networks.

Tap Access Point Names.

If that brings you to the APN settings look for something that has add new apn or maybe a + sign on the right side. If you locate that you should have a place to enter all the details for a new APN.

Enter these.

Screenshot_20201022_040752.jpg

Save and reboot your phone. Then try to see if your internet works.

If not then try these below 

Screenshot_20200617_075827.jpg

Keep us posted!

amandawert59
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a samsung phone s5. Not sure how to completw what your saying. Thanks for you help in advance

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@amandawert59 wrote:
  • I just got a job that i require data for however when i hsut my wifi off the app wont work. I have done everything the app says to get it to work. They say the nect thing is that my service provider may block it how can i check this or talk to someone about it.

If you have a plan with data, you need to setup APN correctly in order to get the mobile data working on your phone.  The easiest way is to restart your phone with PM SIM card inserted and let it configure your APN automatically.

If you have a LG phone, you need to do a network reset on your phone after change provider before your data working again.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

Hi @amandawert59 

Please make sure mobile data is working on your phone for other apps.

Then go into your mobile data settings and check if this app has been given access to mobile data.

p.s. Sorry had to change my post, as I read your question incorrectly at first.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@amandawert59 ,

Set Up Data On An IPhone

Here’s how to set up data in 3 steps:1) Tap:

• Settings
  • Cellular
  • Cellular Data Network

2) Input this info:

Set Up Data On An Android Phone 

Here’s how to set up data in 3 steps:

1) Tap:

• Settings
  • More
  • Access Point Names
  • New APN Settings

2) Input this info:

3) Leave all the other fields blank. Just hit save, and you’re good to go!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amandawert59 

Can you otherwise browse the internet?

There might be a setting to allow this app to use the cell data connection.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @amandawert59 ,

Try one or more of the below:

*rebooting your phone

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reboot your phone again

What phone do you have?

Need Help? Let's chat.