cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App

dakd4749
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

There have been requests for a Public Mobile app for a long time but so far nothing seems to be moving toward that happening. Is it a hopeless request? It would be really helpful to have a working app for Public Mobile. 

11 REPLIES 11

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If you have an Android phone there is an unofficial app called Data Witness available in the Google Play store created by an PM customer.

LRosevear

I'm new to public mobile, and was just wondering the same thing!

dakd4749

I agree, but I don't ever use the website on my phone; I always use it on my iMac instead because it's much easier to read everything.

joelcarter85

This is what I did.  The only problem with this solution is that the My Account section of the website seems to be the only section that's not optimized for mobile. The front page advertising plans and the community both are, but the My Account is all super small text and multiple columns and fields. Doesn't really make sense. 

ccdevmike
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Staliger 

Yes I'm sure costs would go up! Very basic is the name of the cheap game. 

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@Jb456 wrote:

Then everyone will be complaining that their data is being used 🤣

People already complain (often very accusingly) that their data is being used. 🙄

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@Korth Then everyone will be complaining that their data is being used 🤣

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@dakd4749 wrote:

There have been requests for a Public Mobile app for a long time but so far nothing seems to be moving toward that happening. Is it a hopeless request? It would be really helpful to have a working app for Public Mobile. 

"It would be really helpful to have a working app."

How, exactly?

What things could this app do that can't be done now, and how could it do things better than they're done now? What features or services would you expect/hope this app provides? What do you want it to enable or improve or make more convenient?

A lot of people say "PM needs an app", it's a topic which frequently recurs here.

But nobody ever says why they want/need an app and what they want/need the app to do. Until those questions have answers there's no motivation to make a nebulous app, no specific purpose for it to serve. It's just demanding a solution without defining the problem.

PM will never make an app for their customers unless their customers can explain what they want the app to accomplish.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@dakd4749 not sure that app is needed for PM. It would increase costs, and PM tries to keep them minimal. Also, you can have a shortcut of the webpage for your self-service as was mentioned previously.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@dakd4749 wrote:

I don't see an app coming.  Koodo stopped having an app a few years ago.  With them higher up the food chain than PM I just don't see one coming this way.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@dakd4749 you can just add webpage shortcuts to your homescreen. I don't think public will be investing in an app.  

Need Help? Let's chat.